Gothic 3 Community Patch Team release Forsaken Gods v2.01

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
This is somewhat old news, as it was released in mid-December, but I just ran across it earlier this week and didn't see anything posted here.

December 18, 2011
The Community Patch Team and Nordic Games have released a new version of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition – version 2.01. Below you can find their announcement. You can also download the patch directly from Mad Vulture Games:

After our work “Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition” we want to release the last patch for it today. It solves some bugs, include a major bug.
It is an official, from Nordic Games approved patch and was made in cooperation with Nordic Games.
Unfortunately the release of this patch is late this year. We took a break after our work which refreshed us. Now we are glad about closing the case Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods.
We wish you all – merry christmas.

The new patch does require that you create a new game but it's worth it if you recently picked up the enhanced edition and haven't had a chance to play through it yet. I installed it last night and was able to run everything maxed out at 1920x1080. The game still hitches every once in awhile, but that's due to the game engine and can't necessarily be fixed by a patch.

For a full list of changes and the download link click here: http://www.madvulture.de/wp/

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I've never tried it. Do you import your Gothic 3 character or do you start from scratch (again)?

I actually found a boxed version for $1 at Big Lots.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
I've never tried it. Do you import your Gothic 3 character or do you start from scratch (again)?

I actually found a boxed version for $1 at Big Lots.

Nice find. You do start from scratch. The story is considerably worse than the original G3, but I still found it enjoyable since i'm a pretty big fan of the Gothic series.

I actually played Forsaken Gods a few weeks after it was released and it pretty much unplayable due to massive performance issues. The community patch team has done wonders for this game, however, and now you can at least play it. Just don't go into it expecting G3 quality or you'll be disappointed. Jowood handed the developed of this one to some indian based development team and it really shows in the writing. The nameless hero acts angry about the state of the world this time around, which just seems out of place, and the dialoged is pretty bad overall. But for $1 it's at least worth a shot right? haha

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
Did they fix the nameless hero's personality back to piranha bytes standards, or is he still an insufferable whiny little bitch?

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Did they fix the nameless hero's personality back to piranha bytes standards, or is he still an insufferable whiny little bitch?

No, unfortunately not. All of the original Forsaken Gods dialogue is still there sadly. The patch only addresses performance and quest bugs.