got trolled...called the local PD and they were no help.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was recently trolled...called the local PD there (OK) and they state it is a civil matter (all I can do)...they told me I have to get a lawyer?

any ideas?

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
How is fraud a civil matter? Unless you're talking about forum trolled where some dude comes in and just irritates you, in which case you should stop fsking posting.... but if you're talking about fraud, yeah... that's against the law.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
I was recently trolled...called the local PD there (OK) and they state it is a civil matter (all I can do)...they told me I have to get a lawyer?

any ideas?

W/ out any details how are we supposed to assist you Gulzakar? :confused:

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't want to post specifics just yet...but in essence, he's been putting me off for almost a month. This person purchased my MPX220 cellphone... stating money had been sent...he then states that he could not afford it and wanted to send it back (fine)...after I GOT the Ars moderators involved, he sent an email saying a CHECK was sent...over a week ago... haven't heard from the Ars moderators nor this individual. I have the insurance tracker from USPS and all Email correspondence.

I called the local PD of this guy and they told me there was nothing they could do.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
I have to assume that you contacted the Trollhunters?

You know what they say about assuming oldsmoboat! ;)

BuckMaster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I tried to contact 3 differant trollhunters a few months back and never got a single response. I guess they know longer exist?

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
So really, he isn't a "troll", he's a thief, who took your mobile phone without paying for it?

But why would you send it before you receive payment? I don't understand.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: aidanjm
So really, he isn't a "troll", he's a thief, who took your mobile phone without paying for it?

But why would you send it before you receive payment? I don't understand.

Yes, please explain.