Got to love CNN.com! Can't even put Scott's photo on their front page!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
LOL @ Brown getting elected on a platform of 'no federal health care' when he voted for mandatory state run health care.

How is that funny?
I am pretty sure that falls in line with states rights.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
His picture is all over every major news outline, including MSN and CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/

www.msn.com

Yawn.

- wolf

Interesting. I clicked both and found CNN did not have Brown's picture anywhere, while MSN had his picture in the main article but sharing time with several ads. Not that I care either way, I'm just saying. Someone was saying that last night CNN left the election for Haiti as soon as Brown was declared the winner, which is in line with both their liberal views and their internationalist bent. I could argue either way, as the election will have a much greater impact on the lives of Americans but the Haiti story is much more important to the international audience and, arguably, to humankind.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Interesting. I clicked both and found CNN did not have Brown's picture anywhere, while MSN had his picture in the main article but sharing time with several ads. Not that I care either way, I'm just saying. Someone was saying that last night CNN left the election for Haiti as soon as Brown was declared the winner, which is in line with both their liberal views and their internationalist bent. I could argue either way, as the election will have a much greater impact on the lives of Americans but the Haiti story is much more important to the international audience and, arguably, to humankind.

MSN has a rotating "front page" picture every day on its site. It takes the top stories and just auto-rotates them. CNN may also be rotating but in a manual way as I see a picture of Haiti up there now where Brown's picture was up 20 minutes ago. Dunno.

- wolf

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Was any of he said true? Was all of it untrue? Either way, is what he said any different than Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc 'having opinions' on their 'entertainment shows'?

I cant speak for Rush, I dont tune in. But I do challenge you to dig up a clip of Beck of Hannity stooping lower than that.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
shipment_of_fail.jpg

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I hate both Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann, I think they are just a couple of spoiled brats who need a good ass beating like any spoiled child. But I welcome them to speak so candidly on camera for 2 reasons.

1) it is their right to say what ever they want.

2)The more they speak the more they hang themselves and solidify a GOP win in the next election.

They basically called the majority of voters in Massachusetts idiots and morons for voting for Brown. People don't forget that kind of bullshit.

So keep yakkin' way...your doing far more harm to your party than good.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Was any of he said true? Was all of it untrue? Either way, is what he said any different than Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc 'having opinions' on their 'entertainment shows'?

and how is him bitching about him any diffrent that people going "faux news" etc?

beck olbermen and o'realy are all hacks.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I cant speak for Rush, I dont tune in. But I do challenge you to dig up a clip of Beck of Hannity stooping lower than that.

I don't watch any of them on either side. The only stuff I see is clips linked in Email or forum posts like this. That said, I have seen clips of Beck, Hannity, and Rush going well off the deep end and they seem to be far more frequent than Olberman.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
and how is him bitching about him any diffrent that people going "faux news" etc?

To be honest, oreilly is nothing like beck or olbermann. He is a lot more fair than a lot of people give credit.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I don't watch any of them on either side. The only stuff I see is clips linked in Email or forum posts like this. That said, I have seen clips of Beck, Hannity, and Rush going well off the deep end and they seem to be far more frequent than Olberman.

Olbermann goes off the deep-end M-F at 8ET. Hes pretty consistent

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

It's not. The difference is Olberman doesn't garner near the attention of the Faux News hacks.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
It's not. The difference is Olberman doesn't garner near the attention of the Faux News hacks.

I've watched Olbermann a few times and I always envision him in a SS uniform. Funny he doesn't have a German accent when he rants.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
I hate both Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann, I think they are just a couple of spoiled brats who need a good ass beating like any spoiled child. But I welcome them to speak so candidly on camera for 2 reasons.

1) it is their right to say what ever they want.

2)The more they speak the more they hang themselves and solidify a GOP win in the next election.

They basically called the majority of voters in Massachusetts idiots and morons for voting for Brown. People don't forget that kind of bullshit.

So keep yakkin' way...your doing far more harm to your party than good.

who cares? if thats his opinion its his opinion...do you not find a mass amount of people to be idiots?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
who cares? if thats his opinion its his opinion...do you not find a mass amount of people to be idiots?

sure.

but if i was running for an elected office or trying to get someone i want into an elected office i would refrain from pissing off the people who do the vetoing.

As he said the people are going to remember it. there is a reason why NBC and the ilk are losing viewership and fox is getting it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
:rolleyes: @ you and state run media.

LOL @ Brown getting elected on a platform of 'no federal health care' when he voted for mandatory state run health care. No matter, as long as he's got an (R) next to his name and votes in unison with the rest of the GOP (as in against anything proposed by a Democrat) he'll be fine.
Would the fact that many Republicans believe that States should hold more power than the Federal Government surprise you? If so, you really need to go back to school...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Would the fact that many Republicans believe that States should hold more power than the Federal Government surprise you? If so, you really need to go back to school...

Right. A guy who backed mandatory health care in his state is the champion of keeping the federal government out of health care. Keep spinning. :rolleyes:

fantolay

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2009
Keith is being such a hardass about this.

Who says media isn't liberal? (well, aside from Fox.)