Got the new Led Zeppelin CD's & DVDs today

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
All I can say is...WOW. These live performances are amazing! My wife doesn't really care for Zep and she said they were good---so you KNOW they rock ;) No wonder these were sold out at every store I went to today.

BTW- If you can find the DVD and CD at Circuit City, they're $30 for both this week.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
yeah, I stayed in today, so I'll pick up the two tomorrow...they should sound mighty fine on my new Paradigm Studio 40s. :D

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

I was just about to make a post on this asking if anyone had it :)

I went to the music store but got there 1 minute after closing time. I really really want this.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: silverpig
DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

I was just about to make a post on this asking if anyone had it :)

I went to the music store but got there 1 minute after closing time. I really really want this.

Led Zeppelin is Godly. :)

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Unfortunately I'm going to get one tomorrow and the other when I get my paycheck :( Of the two which would you recommend is best to get first?

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Hector13
is this cd new material or live page & plant concerts?

ahh.. it's live material from back in the early 70s...
I am listening to a bit of it now, sounds like pretty good quality, but this really just sounds like one of the many bootlegs of old concerts.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
Unfortunately I'm going to get one tomorrow and the other when I get my paycheck :( Of the two which would you recommend is best to get first?

Get the DVD...it's really hard to find though.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
stack of the dvd over at best buy today but the cd was nowhere in sight

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I couldn't be more impressed with this collection. James Patrick Page did a wonderful job, as always, putting this together. The dvd shipped DOUBLE PLATINUM ALREADY!!! The CD, shipped platinum. If these aren't both number one on the charts next week, something is definately wrong. It'll be funny seeing all of these American Idol idiot worshippers saying "Who are these Led Zeppelin?" "Are they new?"

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: zCypher
I'm still confusd. Is this new or old material? And yes, Zep rocks. :D

it's definitely old material from live concerts. Probably from around when HOTH came out (has many songs off that album).

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
To update, from amazon:

this triple-disc live set (culled from 1972 Long Beach/LA shows in advance of Houses of the Holy) addresses history with a vengeance, if a few decades late.

also, I thought this sounded pretty similar to one of their bootlegs, so if any of you have "burn like a candle", you might not want to get this as I believe it is the same concert.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
To update, from amazon:

this triple-disc live set (culled from 1972 Long Beach/LA shows in advance of Houses of the Holy) addresses history with a vengeance, if a few decades late.

also, I thought this sounded pretty similar to one of their bootlegs, so if any of you have "burn like a candle", you might not want to get this as I believe it is the same concert.

It's not all one show, it's from the Los Angeles Forum and Long Beach Arena on June 25th and 27th, 1972, meshed together to sound like it was all one show.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
To update, from amazon:

Well, there is some other material on there, and the sound quality is a LOT better.