Got some new jeans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: pyonir
What places let you return clothes with the tags removed and having been washed once? I've never seen a company that has a return policy like that.

Winner.

I hate buying jeans and just plain stopped a year ago. The only pair I am comfortable with in terms of look, fit and comfort is my first pair from Blue notes. I've tried Gap, Point Zero, more Blue Notes and nothing seems to do it for me. That's about $150 worth of denim now sitting in my closet unworn for about a year.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: Modular
So I'm a jeans snob. I want very specific style, no tears/rips/strange colored ink splatters, etc. As such, I have a hard time finding jeans that I like. Well, I was at Target

There's more.

Originally posted by: Modular
I'm wearing them after washing once, of course, and they feel a little too stiff. If the material were softer I think they would sit better.

:p Sorry OP hafta agree with JHill.

Best bet, live with them and hope they'll get better, unless Target has a good return policy.

Coming from the worse jeans snob than CasioTech.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
you need ATOT's thoughts on this? Wow...how do you get through the day?

Some things I can see why you would ask ATOT members on what to do. This isn't one of them...

only you can decide what you need to do. we're not wearing your pants...

My thoughts EXACTLY!

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
my diesel denim collection exceeds $2100. I also got lots of free jeans from modeling. Everything from Paper Denim to Guess Premium.

ppdes

May 16, 2004
Wow, it would take me all of 5 minutes to roll up the bottom of the long ones and sew it down. Didn't you have home ec class back in high school?

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
men wear classic fit jeans only, none of this baggy crap that the younger generation seem to like.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
So, you want to return the pants after washing them??

Just keep them man and find a new pair thats not to short. I mean once you start washing and drying them than there going to shrink so, buy big next time and not small.

Sasiki

Oct 18, 2004
Originally posted by: CasioTech
hey you people, don't be upset I have a expensive quality denim (fit in 28x32) whereas you all shop at Target and/or Walmart for all your chinese denim needs.

Levi's LOLOLOLOL.

My chinese jeans cover the man parts just as well as your $$ jeans. Why bash on the Levi's? Some people don't have to wear expensive jeans to mentally increase their penis size.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Sasiki
hey you people, don't be upset I have a expensive quality denim (fit in 28x32) whereas you all shop at Target and/or Walmart for all your chinese denim needs.

Levi's LOLOLOLOL.

My chinese jeans cover the man parts just as well as your $$ jeans. Why bash on the Levi's? Some people don't have to wear expensive jeans to mentally increase their penis size.

it's not about penis size at all. Why are those references, I do not know. You know that hot guy, with that hot girl you see walking down the street? That's me. Partly thanks to my low rise Diesel Zathans.

http://www.mynudies.com

Check that and see what it's all about.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Don't machine dry your jeans and they won't seize up on you like that. In the meantime, wear them for a day and they'll stretch back out. I personally buy slightly too large to account for this so I can machine dry them for convenience.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
Don't machine dry your jeans and they won't seize up on you like that. In the meantime, wear them for a day and they'll stretch back out. I personally buy slightly too large to account for this so I can machine dry them for convenience.

This is because the cotton is spun poorly. If they were selvage, they would not shrink or stretch because it is weaved so tightly. Seeing as they are loose cotton strands, they will stretch out fast and shrink when washed, falling apart after 100 washes. Whereas selvage can easily do 1000.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
You couldn't have purchased the 32x32's, taken it to a tailor, and spend 5 bucks to get it hemmed?

Thats what i was thinking.. second to the fact that he went to Target..

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004

Levi's LOLOLOLOL.

As long as you want to play the e-penis game, my fit (which is yours, exactly) of jeans of higher quality, that's D&G, Just Cavalli, VJC, and Citizens of Humanity trumps yours by a mile.

Let's not also forget the jeans I bought my girlfriend.

Stop it with your arrogance with the mentality that clothes make the man. Well wait, it has, it created an arrogant twat that thinks he belongs on a pedestal by the names of what he's wearing.

If you want proof, I'll even take pictures of the certificate of authenticity for each and every article of clothing. Now quit it with your childish attitude equal to those who wear Armani Exchange.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: EGGO

Levi's LOLOLOLOL.

As long as you want to play the e-penis game, my fit (which is yours, exactly) of jeans of higher quality, that's D&G, Just Cavalli, VJC, and Citizens of Humanity trumps yours by a mile.

Stop it with your arrogance with the mentality that clothes make the man. Well wait, it has, it created an arrogant twat that thinks he belongs on a pedestal by the names of what he's wearing.

If you want proof, I'll even take pictures of the certificate of authenticity for each and every article of clothing. Now quit it with your childish attitude equal to those who wear Armani Exchange.

OMG PWNED. You wear A|E? I bet you do.

You just named a bunch of designer denim. Doesn't mean it's good quality. In fact it's not. All crap that you own. Nothing is higher quality than Diesel or Nudie or My latest addtions, We are Replay ($600 pair).

http://www.wearereplay.it

Now get out of here with your hilfiger/RL jeans.

And yes, clothes make the man. You wouldn't listen to someone naked running down the street.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: EGGO

Levi's LOLOLOLOL.

OMG PWNED. You wear A|E? I bet you do.

You just named a bunch of designer denim. Doesn't mean it's good quality. In fact it's not. All crap that you own. Nothing is higher quality than Diesel or Nudie or My latest addtions, We are Replay ($600 pair).

http://www.wearereplay.it

Now get out of here with your hilfiger/RL jeans.

And yes, clothes make the man. You wouldn't listen to someone naked running down the street.

oh you tew, th-top it!