Got some new jeans

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
So I'm a jeans snob. I want very specific style, no tears/rips/strange colored ink splatters, etc. As such, I have a hard time finding jeans that I like. Well, I was at Target and decided I would check out what they had in stock and lo and behold I found some I liked, tried them on and noticed that they were just a tad too short. We're talking half an inch here at best. So I tried the 32 x 32's and they were too long, like awkwardly too long. So I took the plunge at bought the pair that were just a tad too short. Now I'm regretting it. I'm wearing them after washing once, of course, and they feel a little too stiff. If the material were softer I think they would sit better. So I'm in a bind here and need some advice. Do I keep on wearing the jeans in the hopes that they will break in, or should I return them and look for another pair? They don't look bad per se, they just don't have that super comfortable jeans feeling that I'm after. They need to make them in 32 x 31

FYI: they are Levi Strauss Low Rise, Loose Leg, Boot Cut

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Modular
So I'm a jeans snob. I want very specific style, no tears/rips/strange colored ink splatters, etc. As such, I have a hard time finding jeans that I like. Well, I was at Target

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
you need ATOT's thoughts on this? Wow...how do you get through the day?

Some things I can see why you would ask ATOT members on what to do. This isn't one of them...

only you can decide what you need to do. we're not wearing your pants...

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Jhill
So I'm a jeans snob. I want very specific style, no tears/rips/strange colored ink splatters, etc. As such, I have a hard time finding jeans that I like. Well, I was at Target

You are wise

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I understand. Trust me on this. I generally will not buy jeans from there but figured, what the hell. Seeing as how every > $50 pair of jeans comes pre-worn these days. You should go check them out, they will surprise you.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
They will of course break in, I always found Levi's to be really stiff as well. Toss them through a few wash cycles to speed up the process.

Since it is now seemingly impossible for me to find Levi's that fit decently I buy from Gap/Old Navy who also have shorter than normal inseams available since I'm a short bastard.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
you need ATOT's thoughts on this? Wow...how do you get through the day?

Some things I can see why you would ask ATOT members on what to do. This isn't one of them...

only you can decide what you need to do. we're not wearing your pants...

Ha, yeah. I'm bored at work. I'll add a poll if that'll help..

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: K1052
They will of course break in, I always found Levi's to be really stiff as well. Toss them through a few wash cycles to speed up the process.

Since it is now seemingly impossible for me to find Levi's that fit decently I buy from Gap/Old Navy who also have shorter than normal inseams available since I'm a short bastard.

you are pretty short :p

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001

Hahaha. That's exactly what I was going to post! :thumbsup:

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004

it's like saying i'm a foodie then going to mcdonalds

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
step 1. find scissors

step 2. cut out crotch

step 3. cut out butt

step 4. PROFIT!

lol... the solution is so obvious now that I read this!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
You couldn't have purchased the 32x32's, taken it to a tailor, and spend 5 bucks to get it hemmed?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I have a pair of Levis (similar in style to yours, low-rise boot cut) I bought earlier this summer and they're still sorta stiff, especially after they've been washed. It's up to you if you wanna return those ones, just sayin it seems to take awhile to break them in. Too bad another pair of Levis I have are practically falling apart, damn those things are comfortable.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Platypus
Originally posted by: K1052

you are pretty short :p

stfu n00b

:p

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Bwahahahahhaha....jeans snob. So I was expecting someone into Diesel, Seven for all mankind, True Religion, etc.

Then I read Target and I nearly fell over my chair.

Thanks for the laugh.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Passions
Bwahahahahhaha....jeans snob. So I was expecting someone into Diesel, Seven for all mankind, True Religion, etc.

Thanks for the laugh.

Read the OP, I used words such as "lo and behold" to insinuate that I was surprised to find something that I like. Perhaps all I have are Diesel jeans and therefore was surprised that I liked these, perhaps I have never even tried Diesel Jeans. That's not the point. The point is that I have maximized my jeans enjoyment for 25% of the price I usually pay. Here, you may understand this:

It's like buying a C2D E4300 and overclocking it to 3.2 Ghz. You pay a fraction of the price for the same enjoyment as buying a...ah, why am I wasting my time. Until you try them out, you'll never know.
In the end it may not be working out though...I may be returning them.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Passions

Thanks for the laugh.

Read the OP, I used words such as "lo and behold" to insinuate that I was surprised to find something that I like. Perhaps all I have are Diesel jeans and therefore was surprised that I liked these, perhaps I have never even tried Diesel Jeans. That's not the point. The point is that I have maximized my jeans enjoyment for 25% of the price I usually pay. Here, you may understand this:

It's like buying a C2D E4300 and overclocking it to 3.2 Ghz. You pay a fraction of the price for the same enjoyment as buying a...ah, why am I wasting my time. Until you try them out, you'll never know.
In the end it may not be working out though...I may be returning them.

If you were a jeans snob and had a very specific style that you like, wouldn't you stick with the brand/type you already have? :confused:

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Perhaps I have misused "snob". What I meant by that was I have very particular tastes about the way I want my jeans to look, feel, the color, amount of discoloration, no rips, etc, etc. I have found a few companies that I like, but they are constantly changing the styles around and therefore are hit or miss. I happened upon some jeans that I really liked, and was really excited about, and now am not so sure.
I'm sorry for any confusion that may have arisen out of my misuse of the adjective "snob" :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
What places let you return clothes with the tags removed and having been washed once? I've never seen a company that has a return policy like that.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i think you are overthinking this

they are just pants, go sit in a pig pen for a couple hours, they'll still be pants/jeans