Got caught running red light with traffic camera..

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
50 bux...

coming back from vacation after 8 hours on the road with my cranky have to go potty 4 year old in the back...

right when light turns red i am about 5 feet from white line...very fast yellow...i have all the gear in the minivan...tv, xbox..plus the cooler and luggage carrier on top full of crap...those with families should know what i am talking about...

so i went on through so i did not have to jam on the brakes.... the intersection is large so turning opposite traffic would have taken quite a while to reach the intersection..

you can check you capture online via video feed...

Crap...50 bux

jC

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Chunkee
50 bux...

coming back from vacation after 8 hours on the road with my cranky have to go potty 4 year old in the back...

right when light turns red i am about 5 feet from white line...very fast yellow...i have all the gear in the minivan...tv, xbox..plus the cooler and luggage carrier on top full of crap...those with families should know what i am talking about...

so i went on through so i did not have to jam on the brakes.... the intersection is large so turning opposite traffic would have taken quite a while to reach the intersection..

you can check you capture online via video feed...

Crap...50 bux

jC

LOL, anything you do to get home ASAP in my book is justifiable. :D

Jun 4, 2005
$50? Nothing else? Wow, pay it. My brother got hit by a woman while runnign a yellow (yes, it was yellow, not red) and he got some fines, points and all that fun.

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
thats cheap i was caught speeding 10 over limit and was fined 109. Fishers, IN rated one of the top 100 cities to live in

Trikat

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
No points? Just $50. You got lucky lol.
Not stopping to make a turn on red here will yield a fine and points.

Dec 10, 2005
$50 is good for a red-light ticket. As long as no points are attached, don't worry about it and pay it off.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Trikat

They can't give you points with a traffic cam.....they can't prove it was the owner driving the said vehicle.

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
my 78 in a 55 zone is only a $124 fine... i thought it was gunna be much higher.

My 74 in a 45 zone is about $140, but it also carries 6 points, so I ended up saying not guilty to it since 6 points would kill the insurance and another ticket of 5 points or more would lead to a license suspension. I still haven't heard back from the State DMV about my ticket, but I mailed it off only about 2 weeks ago.

ts3433

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Its at least 350 for a red light violation where I am. :(

Yup, I remember the same sort of minimum amount being posted around here before they ended up shutting all the cameras off.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DaTT

They can't give you points with a traffic cam.....they can't prove it was the owner driving the said vehicle.

you are incorrect. for CA, anyway. $400 ticket here.

essasin

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Yossarian

They take a picture of your face and it is a VERY clear picture. There was a broken red light camera that took pictures of right turn on reds and I recieved a ticket on accident and I couldn't not deny that was me from the picture that was taken.

Trikat

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: essasin
Originally posted by: Yossarian

They take a picture of your face and it is a VERY clear picture. There was a broken red light camera that took pictures of right turn on reds and I recieved a ticket on accident and I couldn't not deny that was me from the picture that was taken.

The cameras here in NC were on the side and really obvious as they are white camera boxes. It takes a picture of the driver + car and perhaps even "video taped" to show how you didn't stop. Now I bet you can wear a ski mask and get away with it though. I'd rather do a full stop and then turn on red instead of wearing a ski mask. :D