got a speeding ticket

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
I guess i was being stupid, everyone saw the state trooper on the highway cruising at 55MPH so everyone slow down. Traffic was flowing at 65 MPH before I saw the state trooper. I was the only one that didn't slow down, doing 65 MPH. He also gave me a ticket for my cracked windshield.

What a day.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Wow, that's pretty strict. You don't get stoppeda round here unless you are going 85+ on the expressway, and sometimes not even then.

zanieladie

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2003
Sorry to hear that...of course, now you know what Virginia's motto: "Keep Virginia Green" really means. And here you thought it had to do with litter...

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Damn, that sucks. Around here the speed limit is 75 with the minimum being 50. Most people do at least 80.

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i think he was mad that i passed him at 65 MPH.

He's actually slowing down the damn highway.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I got stopped this morning (monday morning) at 1am by a MD trooper for going through a yellow light that turned red 3/4 of the way through:eek:

I was telling the truth and stood my ground and he was nice about it.....turns out that one of my taillights was out and that was the main reason why he stopped me....the traffic light was just the icing onthe cake...:eek:

Didn't get a citation since I didn;t do anything wrong (jsut not that right) and didn't even know my light was out:eek::)

VirginiaDonkey

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
got caught in the speed safety zone! there is a zone on the north end of Richmond pretty much between I-64 and I-295....were you there by chance?

did you see the big white signs that said SPEED SAFETY ZONE (or something like that)

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
You should know that is a danger zone for tickets around that area..... good thing i drive like an old person instead of asian....

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsei
You should know that is a danger zone for tickets around that area..... good thing i drive like an old person instead of asian....
:confused:

:p

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

i thought they drove the same

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
dude, you didn't know? virginia's the worst state to drive in.

let me tell you my story...

i slept over at a friend's house last night and i was trying to drive home this morning. i got lost and took the first exit i saw to turn back. a cop was staning in the road and i thought "thank God... maybe he can help me find my way."

so, i approach him with my window rolled down and i'm like "hey officer, i'm lost... could you help m-" and he cuts me off and says "do you know why i'm stopping you right now?" and i'm like "??? uh, i'm just lost... all i need is directions." he goes "i'm stopping you for hov violation. please pull over." so, i'm like "uh, ok, but i'm just lost.. i just ne-" and he cuts me off again and says "I SAID PULL OVER!" as if he was about to go police brutality on me.

so, i pull over and he asks for license and registration and whatnot and i hand it over. about 5 minutes later, he strolls out of his dicksuckmobile and gives me a ticket for hov violation. apparently, the highway kinda stops being friendly and all lanes become hov lanes at some point... fvck that noise. there was no sign letting me know... only worn away diamonds on the pavement. what did he expect me to do? throw it in reverse on the highway? that's why i was trying to get off on the exit and turn back the way i came. i kept trying to tell him that i was lost and that it was a complete accident. i kept trying to tell him that i'm not from the area and that i'm from maryland and i just stayed the night at my friend's house because i was watching the rose bowl. he said, "i know... you said that already. after you sign the ticket, i'll give you directions on how to get where you want to go."

so, now, i've got a $107 ticket for getting lost...

thanks a lot, officer faggotlunch mcdicknose...

so, my court date was february 8 and i went back to school in st. louis on jan 9 or so. so, i sent a letter asking for a continuence because it was impossible for me to show up to court to defend myself because i'm a student. i mailed a student id and documentation proving i was a student along with a xerox of the original ticket and whatnot. february rolls by and my parents back home give me a call telling me that i got a letter from the fairfax county courthouse. they mailed it to me.... the letter said that because i failed to show up on my scheduled court date and i hadn't paid the fine, my license would be suspended in a week if i didn't pay the fine ($107+$20 for not showing). so, i had no choice but to bend over and let virginia punch its penis up my butt.

that state is honestly one of the worst states in the union. i'm ashamed that it's so close to maryland.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

thank God for that? that's a curse, dude. old people need to either not drive or hurry up and die so they don't drive anywhere... i've almost been run over 8 times by old people not realizing there was a stoplight/stop sign/walkway/me jogging on the side of the road (no sidewalk... got run off the damn road into the brush).

Dec 4, 2002
I once came up on what I thought was a CHP cruiser going 100 mph. It was late at night and there were other cars on the freeway, and this guy didn't have any lights on the top, but I noticed large #s painted on the trunk. Slowed waaay down of course, but I thought I was a dead man. Followed behind for 15 more miles doing 65mph, finally finding out it was just local PD.

I hate drivers that slow down to 65mph(limit) or less when local PD is on the freeway. They have better things to do, unless you're going 80mph, they don't give a sh!t.

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Trikat
I dunno if I am the only one who noticed this, but did the OP get 1 or 2 tickets?
The title+post suggests two tickets, but the post doesn't mention a speeding ticket. It also doesn't heavily imply about a speeding ticket as the windshield ticket was used as a substitute for the speeding ticket. :confused:

I read "Got a speeding ticket and also got a ticket for my cracked ws." I count 2 tickets...

Trikat

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Mike
Originally posted by: Trikat
I dunno if I am the only one who noticed this, but did the OP get 1 or 2 tickets?
The title+post suggests two tickets, but the post doesn't mention a speeding ticket. It also doesn't heavily imply about a speeding ticket as the windshield ticket was used as a substitute for the speeding ticket. :confused:

I read "Got a speeding ticket and also got a ticket for my cracked ws." I count 2 tickets...

Bah it was within 20 minutes of me waking up. I didn't see the also part at all!

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
I once came up on what I thought was a CHP cruiser going 100 mph. It was late at night and there were other cars on the freeway, and this guy didn't have any lights on the top, but I noticed large #s painted on the trunk. Slowed waaay down of course, but I thought I was a dead man. Followed behind for 15 more miles doing 65mph, finally finding out it was just local PD.

I hate drivers that slow down to 65mph(limit) or less when local PD is on the freeway. They have better things to do, unless you're going 80mph, they don't give a sh!t.

Yeah,
What I really like are the clowns who, upon spotting a Police car, slow down 5-10 mph BELOW the limit!
What do they think, the cops are gonna give them a credit or something?

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
i always elike to look for the pigs when im driving home on the highway everyday, sux if you dont know where they sit and or drive all the time tho :p

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: VirginiaDonkey
got caught in the speed safety zone! there is a zone on the north end of Richmond pretty much between I-64 and I-295....were you there by chance?

did you see the big white signs that said SPEED SAFETY ZONE (or something like that)

not really in that area. It's the VCU exit.

BEL6772

Oct 26, 2004

Around here the local PD actually set up speed traps on the freeway ... good source of revenue I guess.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Last night I was clipping along at about 85mph on the freeway (183) through Irving. I look over on the service road and see there's an Irving police officer pacing me. I look at him with this "oh sh!t" look and he points at me. Then he starts to speed up and turns on his lights. I happened to know that there wasn't an onramp for about 1.5 miles.

Reached over, clicked to 1.5 bar, by the time he got to the onramp I was probably 5 miles down the freeway. Bwahahaha.