Got a scam email that used the company's real email addr (Norton/Symantec)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Tenant triggered a drug bust at house my mom owned. 6 months probation, a guilty plea, and some fees are all he got. His occupation was bus driver for various companies.

The other first met just when he finished his bust, his name is Norman. He knew a dude named "Anthony", who is kingpin who learned to cover his tracks better by hiring willing drivers, usually females in good societal standing. Anthony had little of a history by the time I checked case search, with only getting caught via traffic stop. Anthony didn't need housing for himself, but he did for his hired hands.

A pair of sisters also alleged two dudes, of which Norman was a named individual, and female getaway driver popped Tylandis, their brother. Murder charges were pressed through individual filing, Norman gets arrested and gets on bail. Later, the case is "nolle prosequi" due to lack of evidence. Norman got jailed a few times but since 2009, has been living as a free man.

Then on another is another group of "suppliers" and a customer. The customer, named Elliot, had well-to-parents(mother is a professor at American University), but he had some issues and signs of aggressive, including a lady who accused him of rape(nolle prosequi'd). One of his main male suppliers tried to obtain housing, once while Elliot was living there and another years later, when Elliot was gone and supplier had gotten an HVAC job. A little more extensive history, but getting sentenced to 9 months in jail in the past did not really deter the activities and he's probably learned to cover his tracks. Another supplier has a bare, nonexistent criminal record and works in a nursing-related job.

Businessmen will always be unethical. Just that "legit" ones simply pay the government fees to conduct business while the likes of drug dealers don't.
I get why the war on drugs is really done. No need to lock 'em up when the dealers can do cheap "accidental" population control and provide nalaxone suppliers stimuli. Opium was used to subjugate China and its more powerful synthetic derivative is doing it to the unethical trash who wants to take drugs.

Couple career-dealers I knew back in the day got caught in a sting and both received 15+ years in federal prison.

And now that weed is legal I don't take ANY issue with locking up scumbags who think its fine to sell actually harmful "drugs" like heroin/fentanyl, cocaine or meth.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Couple career-dealers I knew back in the day got caught in a sting and both received 15+ years in federal prison.

And now that weed is legal I don't take ANY issue with locking up scumbags who think its fine to sell actually harmful "drugs" like heroin/fentanyl, cocaine or meth.
It's going to work just as well for those drugs as it did for weed, methinks ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
It's going to work just as well for those drugs as it did for weed, methinks ;)

Good point! Effective = far better then more "feel-good" drug laws. :)

What I was getting at was that those drugs are harmful and SHOULD be regulated/illegal in some way.... throwing people in prison should only be the answer for repeat (or extreme) violence IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: nakedfrog