Got a laptop what software to extract drivers from it to do a fresh install of Windows without all the junk if it has any ? That way I have drivers

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I can't find the laptop on the main company website that is why I want to extract the drivers from the machine if possible. It is a Lenovo 15.6" IdeaPad 5 Laptop hopefully that is a decent one. If this helps here: MFR #82SF000PUS

Maybe my search skills suck. I found a little about it but not much.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Name brand PCs nowadays have a rescue partition, and relatively easy access to restoring the OS from scratch. As long as you don't nuke that partition, you can always do a re-install of Windows. I'm not aware if there's any way of making rescue media with any of the big OEMs.

I realize it's not the same, but you can usually just uninstall the bloatware you don't want.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
In modern versions of windows, there's a \driverstore directory somewhere under \windows, copy that to a usb flash drive.

Jul 27, 2020
Maybe my search skills suck. I found a little about it but not much.

This seems to be the most up to date. You can backup drivers with the free Lite version. Then place the backed up files in a folder for manually searching the drivers.

This is a way to backup the drivers through the command line: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-back-up-your-drivers-in-windows-10-easily/

Not sure if it will backup only the INF files or the associated binary files also.

These may work only with Windows 7 or earlier: