Gosh, I really hate to be a rude or mean person but...

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
After many posts about my annoying coworker, I've taken the advice given to me on this forum. The majority of you told me to ignore the cowworker when he wanders into my office to bother me with the latest thing he read on the internet or to gossip, or complain/nag. So, for the past couple of months, when he comes into my cubicle, I don't turn around to face him, I keep looking at my monitor, or I pick up the phone and proceed to dial a number, just flat out ignoring him. I dont even say a word to him. He doesnt come around as often anymore because I think he got the message, but once in a while, he strolls in here and starts annoying me.

I just feel soo rotten everytime I do this to him. Ah well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

imported_Rat

Sep 11, 2006
Did you tell him to go away because you aren't interested? I don't think it's particularly prudent to weasel out of such a trivial affair.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
You got to do what is right and I think that isn't it. Maybe have a talk with him instead of overtly ignoring him. If you give him sutble hints in your conversation, he may get the point and that wouldn't feel so bad. Why ruin his day like that. I do agree that there can be annoying coworkers, but still, do what is right.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Rat
Did you tell him to go away because you aren't interested? I don't think it's particularly prudent to weasel out of such a trivial affair.

lol, trivial affair, calm it down with the pretentious attitude.

I've posted about this guy plenty of times. We all have annoying coworkers, but this guy is an extreme that really makes people in the office uncomfortable.

imported_Rat

Sep 11, 2006
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

I've posted about this guy plenty of times. We all have annoying coworkers, but this guy is an extreme that really makes people in the office uncomfortable.

So you didn't tell him? Did you tell your supervisor? Or did you just decide to be rude as it was the easiest way out?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

So you didn't tell him? Did you tell your supervisor? Or did you just decide to be rude as it was the easiest way out?

Well, some of the other coworkers in the office have talked to one of the managers and the directors. We all agree that he is a pain to deal with, and he has been spoken to in private by upper management about this, and he has made modest progress. I love having people in my cubicle chatting about whatever, but this guy is just annoying.

Not to mention, he has had issue with snooping and being nosey in other peoples personal cubicles. he tried to log onto my computer. He curses all the time and shouts loudly when he's stressed out. His behavior is just very innapropriate for a professional work environment. I don't think he will last long here. As to why he hasnt been fired yet, I have no idea. Maybe they would rather not fire with someone with behavior issues, and they would rather "work" with him.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
just tell him "welcome to the internet" or yell "REPOST!" or, hell, even "R!". He'll just have a :confused: look and then you can laugh maniacally.

or, when you do that phone dial thing, pretend someone picked up and have a conversation about the annoying guy who just walked in to tell you about the latest thing he read on the internet. "Yeah, no he's doing it again. it's soooooooo annoying. does he ever drop by your desk? ahahhahaha...yeah, i know...hhaahaahahha"

imported_Rat

Sep 11, 2006

Well, some of the other coworkers in the office have talked to one of the managers and the directors. We all agree that he is a pain to deal with, and he has been spoken to in private by upper management about this, and he has made modest progress. I love having people in my cubicle chatting about whatever, but this guy is just annoying.

Not to mention, he has had issue with snooping and being nosey in other peoples personal cubicles. he tried to log onto my computer. He curses all the time and shouts loudly when he's stressed out. His behavior is just very innapropriate for a professional work environment. I don't think he will last long here. As to why he hasnt been fired yet, I have no idea. Maybe they would rather not fire with someone with behavior issues, and they would rather "work" with him.

So you didn't tell him.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: JS80
is this the same guy that put jewish holidays on the communal calendar?

Hahahha. Yeah, if you search back for some older posts of mine, I go into detail as to why this guy is such a problem employee.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

So you didn't tell him.

Oh, sorry; to answer your question, no I have never told him. The problem is, he works in tax with me, so his work is cloesly related to mine, and occasionally, I have to get some reports from him and communicate with him. So instead of telling him to "f*ck off and die" or politely telling him to leave me alone, I chose to blatently ignore him and make it obvious in hopes that he gets the message. For the most part, he has, but once in a while he will still stroll over to me and start bugging me about something. Id say my strategy has worked fairly well for the most part.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
best thing to do is be cordial, but curt (in a non-rude manner), if he comes in to bug you even after you ignore him.

Just give him 30s - 1 minute of your time and then tell him that you might need to get back to work.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: DaShen
best thing to do is be cordial, but curt (in a non-rude manner), if he comes in to bug you even after you ignore him.

Just give him 30s - 1 minute of your time and then tell him that you might need to get back to work.

Unless it's work related, I almost always ignore him. I either pick up the phone and just dial someone's extension or I put my face up to monitor to pretend like Im deep in though, lol.