Gore Misreprentating the Facts Again!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< run 5000 meters this morning in the rain in 26+ minutes >>

chess9,

I would think a 57 year old would be wise enough to stay out of the rain. ;)

Yep, debates and heck politics in general is getting so bad it's a wonder how anyone could vote for repubicrats or demlicans. I'd be interested to know what voter turnout is like in countries having several parties to chose from. I can only guess their turnout rates are higher than ours.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
ZapZilla

<<End the lies, vote Bush.>>

Bush seemed to defend his tax cut and call Fuzzy math at every juncture ad naseum. Is this a lie?

According to the &quot;Bush Budget 2001-10&quot; (www.georgewbush.com, 9/5/00), the Bush tax cut is $1.317 trillion over the next decade. According to Citizens for Tax Justice, 42.6 percent of this tax cut goes to the top 1 percent of taxpayers - that is $561 billion, or with interest draining $667 billion from the surplus. [CTJ, 8/31/00] According to the Bush budget available at www.georgewbush.com, Bush spends a combined total of $382 billion on education, national defense, health, and prescription drugs combined, or $465 billion with interest (according to the Bush budget he spends $158 billion on Medicare prescription drugs, $131.9 billion on health, $45 billion on defense, and $47.6 billion on education). This is substantially less than the cost of the tax cut for the top 1 percent of American families

Sourcerepublikans,keep out!;)

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Tripleshot:

Thank you for that. Those numbers are very helpful. No wonder the rich boys love Bush.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Chess9,

<<No wonder the rich boys love Bush.>>

I know there are alot of &quot;rich&quot; people that love Bush,but more importantly,alot got rich in the economic boom of the last 8 years. Without argueing the why and wherefor of the economic boom,it is a fact a good many of the &quot;rich&quot; support Gore and would wish to continue this economic boom.I suspect those are the centrist democrats and the dis enfranchised republicans that Bush doesn't want you to know about..

The democratic party is also a well-oiled machine.;)

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
At least Bore knows what the facts are.

Can't say the same for Dubya. If Dubya knew what the facts were, you can bet he would be
&quot;misrepresenting&quot; them too.

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999

<< No wonder the rich boys love Bush. >>

Over $100,000,000 from major corporations for his primary. Think about that for a second.

Re: McCain, I've posted this elsewhere, but here it is again:

<< McCain got beaten because his party wanted ONLY GWB to win, instead of
being open to whichever candidates were running to select the best
man. When your own party hobbles your efforts at organization and
fundraising, it's awful hard to win.

I was talking to one Republican candidate here in California, and he
mentioned that the Republican party was REQUIRING of all its
incumbents and new candidates that they sign a form pledging their
support to GBW -- this DURING the primaries, when McCain was still
strongly in the running -- and if they did NOT sign the endorsement,
the money for their various races would be withheld.

Go ahead...tell me that's a level playing field.
>>

-jms