Gore is dead, dead, dead in the water

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999

<< No kidding Russ, how were you able to tell what a Dynamic Leader Bush was before anybody else? >>

We want Bush to follow our lead...the People are responsible for the greatest Spiritual, Social and economic expansion of all Time...Clinton/Gore taking credit is like taking credit for the sunrise.

The People have responded to the Wisdom of God...Bush will keep government out of our way.

Go GWB!!!

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
Red, do you know what day of the week this is?

It's SUNDAY, the day we reserve for inspiration and meditation
and Mr. Palco's wisdom.

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
>>Hey here's a novel idea..how about paying down the debt while we can with our &quot;Forcasted&quot; Surplus. Or do you distrust your Republican's too (of course I wouldn't blame you). You see I'd rather have the debt paid down than having the instant gratification of lwer taxes only to be faced with the reality of paying higher taxes in the future if we run short do to an economic downturn.<<

Red, you are not so naive as to believe
that our polytishans won't spend every dime
they get their hands on, are you?

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
Mr. Palco does not discriminate...
his divine messages are an inspiratiion
to Jews, Adventists, Catholics,
RedDawnists... you name it.

BTW, what time do the Patriots play?

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
>>As much as I hate Clinton for being such a slickster, I have to give him credit for the same thing.<<

Welllll, some people expect more from a president.

Anyone who saw Bill Bennett on Meet the Press today
knows why there is a slight lean toward Republicans...
just a teeny bit of straight talk is a very
refreshing change.

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999

<< Now if he could just do something about you preacher boy >>

What is a &quot;preacher boy&quot;.

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000
Bill Bennett?
Good lord the guy is so totally out of touch with reality he neeeds to &quot;liberal up&quot; just to join the 18th century. To top that, he has parlayed that indignant self-rightous crusader act into some prime time cash.
Mr. Palco?
Why don't you just tell us what you are hinting at or is the big secret just for the special few who can truly understand? Gee, you really won't spoil my quest, honest.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
There are a couple of &quot;key&quot; reasons G.W.B. will most likely win......1)Throughout the history of our Presidential Elections we have almost exclusively voted in the opposing party when the other has been in power for 2 consecutive terms.....2) If history repeats itself, the &quot;Senior Citizens&quot; will have the highest voter turnout and basicly determin the race.......Having said that, the Senior Citizens support G.W.B. by a VERY large margin (some polls show it at 85%) mainly because they disapprove of Clintons &quot;AFFAIRS&quot;....not his overall performance, but, these &quot;Older Americans&quot; have little tolerance with these things and because algore was V.P. during this, the &quot;stigma&quot; has been attached to him! There ya' have it......Those are the facts....personally, I just don't like algore or his proposed policies! :D

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
It's really still too early to declare a winner. I'm still waiting for the democratic War Machine to toss out something terribly damaging about Bush (not necessarily wanting them too but I know the Ds). Plus Clinton has taken the field (last ditch effort to win methinks).

If Bush does somehow manage to win I'd hope for a R congress for 4 years. Then if he's relected, a D congress for that 4 years. The trick with these bozos is to limit their spending potential as much as possible until we get real human beings in there.

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
>>Bill Bennett? Good lord the guy is so totally out of touch with reality...<<

Mike:
Could you give us an example of a subject
on which Bill Bennett has it all wrong?
Thanks.

I was kidding about Mr. Palco.
(He is an oldtimer around here;
we don't hear much from him anymore.)

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
I definately they that they are two SAD choices for President.

My first choice was Bradley followed closely by McCain.

My hope is the Democrats will retake the House. Way way too much anti-worker legislation that Bush and a Republican house would just love to make into law.

For one instance is a Republican bill that would force workers to take time off at a future date(when the employer saw fit) in lieu of getting overtime pay for work beyond 40 hours a week.:|

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
>>For one instance is a Republican bill that would force workers to take time off at a future date(when the employer saw fit) in lieu of getting overtime pay for work beyond 40 hours a week<<

Please show us where that bill FORCES comp time.

I think you'll find that it makes comp time available,
which is something that MANY employees (not ers) WANT.
That is, for example, many employees WANT to put in a few extra hours
every now and then so they can get a three day weekend
with pay. Flexible hours are not a danger to our society.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
Add Ferocious to the list o' political retards for this nef:

&quot;A few hundred dollars more back in taxes...a few thousand less in wages. (That is, for people who work for a living) &quot;

If you're talking about the minimum wage, I have to ask you, &quot;Have you been shopping lately? Some of these clerks are soooooo lazy, stupid, poor workers that it's a miracle they're employed! Imagine yourself a business owner and the government ordering you to pay these incompetents even MORE!

Anyhoo....what really chafes me is the appearance that a lot of people are viewing this election as the choice between the Pleasant Dumb Guy and the Overbearing Dickweed instead of the REAL issue which is: Who's money and lives are it? The government's or ours?

As I've said before, this election is going to shape the next decade of politics with the losing ideology having to spend some serious time in the wilderness.

If the Democrats take it all (Congress, White House) I guarantee you, you will get NO TAX CUT, exploding Federal government in size and power, Executive Orders in place of legislation (a la royalty), HIGHER TAXES (to pay for all the giveaways), higher crime, activist judiciary and a whole host of other bad things.

If Republicans win, we MAY get some of what they promised, but we'd be pretty safe from the extended horror that the Dems would visit upon America like a plague.

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000
Jobert,
Mr. Bennett is constantly trying to prove that only his conservative philosopy is moral, and attempting to demonize all opposition as they did 2 or 3 hundred years ago.
Here is that example of his warped thinking you asked for:
A joke was told by the executive producer of the Seinfeld television show, who, like Joe Lieberman, is Jewish. The producer said that like George W. Bush, he too had found Christ in his forties. He said, &quot;He came into my room one night, and I said, 'What, no call? You just pop in?' &quot;

Bennett said he was personally offended by that joke, and added, &quot;This is just further confirmation that the only kind of bigotry still permissible in America is anti-Christian bigotry. This kind of thing ought to be renounced in the strongest terms, and I would hope that Vice President Gore and Sen. Lieberman would have been among the first to do so. Upon hearing these remarks, they should have walked out.&quot;

It's a joke man, I am a devout Christian and I am not offended!!!

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Now it's REALLY OVER FOR GORE! Just heard on the news Gore just slamed Clinton and told him to stay out of the campaign!

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
Hmmm. Two weeks and counting.

We failed on the McCain thing.

Think there's time to get the Libertarian ball rolling?
How would THAT be for a REAL change?

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< Think there's time to get the Libertarian ball rolling? >>

The ball is rolling. I'm seeing more ads featuring Harry Browne now and C-SPAN just had a bunch of coverage on third-parties. However, Joe and Jane Q. Public don't watch C-SPAN or the channels where I'm seeing the libertarian commercials. They're too busy watching MTV, fill-in-the-blank sitcoms, and that millionaire show with Regis.

jobert

Nov 20, 1999
OK Jelly, lets DO IT.

Every half hour lets call just TWO people
and persuade them to vote Libertarian.
And persuade them to do the same thing
with two more people, not previously contacted.

The way I figure it, we'll have one and a half million
committed Libertarians tomorrow night at midnight.
(Its 10:00 pm now.)

With me?