Gore Hit for 'Secret Deal' on Arms Sales to Iran

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Gore supporting terrorists

By Scott Hogenson
CNS Executive Editor
October 13, 2000
(CNSNews.com) - The head of the House Policy Committee Friday launched a broadside at Vice President Al Gore for a "secret deal" Gore allegedly made allowing Russia to sell restricted weapons to Iran without facing US sanctions, and doing so in violation of a bill co-authored by Gore eight years ago.

Is this really who you want for your next president?

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
With the state Russia is in now, that is probably how they are keeping their country afloat financially.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bump.

Just because Bush's scandals seem to raise a ruckus, I think Gore deserves at least equal treatment.

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hey Christopher Cox is my representitive. Good to see he's kicking ass.

;) KingHam

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Even John McCain joins in.

"Joining Cox in his condemnation was Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who co-sponsored the measure with Gore in 1992, before his election as vice president. "The secret deal cut by Vice President Gore directly contradicts the 1992 law he authored," said Cox. "Gore's unwillingness to live up to his own words has abetted the arming of a terrorist state."

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
ONE WORD: IRAN CONTRA.

So suck it up and deal. Foreign policy is not as simple as a popularity poll. WHy are we to criticize when the US is THE BIGGEST exporter of arms in the world? We make billions and billions of dollars selling our stuff.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pennstate, thou protests too much.

Was Iran Contra right, if not then why is this not as noteable.

I'm sure you took great care in the rest of your post, but you points really don't mean anything. If true this is a situation where the person running for President does not even follow the laws he enacted.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
yeah right "CNS NEWS"....hahahaha you might as well quote Pat Robertson's monthly newsletter.
They have about the same level of journalistic integrity...0

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"Gore's a politician and a greasy one at that" He is also an admitted lier and fabricator.

Even if it was true that Bush did not know where Iran is, which is obviously false, he could learn. Gore cannot unlearn being a liar and a "greasy politician".

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pennstate, I like his record as Gov. of Texas. I think his stated policies and goals are better for America then Gores.

"But if this is a credible story it should appear elsewhere."
So find a source that disproves it.

I posted something that at least has a source, unlike the many posts that claim Bush is unintelligent with absolutely no proof, no validity and no credibility.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
The problem is if you vote for him, he's not going to run the country. Trent Lott will, Pat Robertson will.