Gore and Foreign Policy!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Red Dawn

<< ...don't call me a liberal ... >>

Then do not act as one....;)

Jay Leno just asked the audience who wants Gore....loud response...the Bush....at least a third louder response! I smell a landslide!:D

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think a lot of the liberal media is starting to get fed up with Gore. He's spouting out so much BS, and they're caught right in the middle. It really is starting to look like a landslide.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< 403Forbidden, have I found an acceptable source yet? >>

etech,

knock that off you're killin' me! :)

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
<1) Anyone here believe that Gore, as vp, would be making those kinds of policy decisions for Clinton? Come ON!>

In the debates (dont remember which one for sure, but I think it was #2) Gore said that he had Putin or Chernimyrdin (sp?) over for dinner to discuss a recent foreign policy event. That kind of lends credibility that he could have been dealing directly with Russia. That assumes he didnt make that story up too.

Edit: I found it:
&quot;I invited the former prime minister of Russia to my house and took a risk in asking him to get personally involved, along with the head of Finland, to go to Belgrade and to take a set of proposals from the United States that would constitute, basically, a surrender by Serbia. But it was a calculated risk that paid off.&quot;
It's from the first debate, and I cut-n-pasted it from the CNN website,
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/debates/transcripts/u221003.html

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Given what Clinton/Gore have gotten away with in the past 8 years, I wonder if Bush/Cheney are greedily eyeing the oral, er um, oval office and will they look forward to 4 years of being able to commit similar atrosities? Do they expect apathetic Joe Q. Public to shrug off or ignore anything shady they might try? Bush promised to restore dignity to the office. The media, I'm sure, has 10,000,000 copies of those words coming out his lips just in case his administration slips up. Either way, I'll be watching them. Bigtime.

Semper Fi

Golden Member
Dec 2, 1999
Gore is scary. Does anyone really believe that he makes his own decisions?

Thank GOD the repubs did not nominate McCain! He's already shown a willingness to sell out his country.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< Does anyone really believe that he makes his own decisions? >>

Semper_Fi,

What, you think Bush calls Newt Gingrich everytime he needs his ass wiped?