GOP top contributors, Romney vs Paul

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
The bankers must want the state to grant them more power. I find it hard to believe so many people support someone who is in bed with the banks. Goldman Sachs is now taking over the energy sector which they wouldn't have been able to do without the government. That really sucks and Bush should have all of his assets auctioned off to pay for part of the national debt he added. Then he should he be a slave to the people he imprisoned at guantanamo bay.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The bankers must want the state to grant them more power. I find it hard to believe so many people support someone who is in bed with the banks. Goldman Sachs is now taking over the energy sector which they wouldn't have been able to do without the government. That really sucks and Bush should have all of his assets auctioned off to pay for part of the national debt he added. Then he should he be a slave to the people he imprisoned at guantanamo bay.

Who says any of us want Romney? We just don't want Paul either.

RedString

Feb 24, 2011
The forum code must be pro-bank as well :(

edit: As much as I'd rather not have Romney becoming the President - the moronic stuff that comes out of Santorums mouth is one of the few things that could make continuing our present corruption actually look more appealing.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The fact that Eskimospy's post timewarped the OP makes this thread 100% more awesome.

Absolutely.

Particularly given eski's response.

(Eski should edit his post to add "end/thread" at the bottom too.)

Fern

Last edited:

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
WTF. I just came into this thread being very confused. I had to back out to see if eskimo pie made the thread to troll us.

In fact, he somehow trolled redstring before redstring got to even finish his post.

I am very confused.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
LOL@U: Because you naively believe that voting for Obama is voting against major banking institutions.

Never said it was, did I? I just would rather have the devil I lnow than the devil I don't know. Romney's tax plan would raise my taxes, that I do know.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Never said it was, did I? I just would rather have the devil I lnow than the devil I don't know. Romney's tax plan would raise my taxes, that I do know.

Your statement is what is wrong with the world. To many people settle for the devil they know, instead of taking a stand to bring about true change.

Happens in personal relationships (abusive as well as just incompatible), kidnappings, politics, etc.

I am not saying you are one that "cries about the status quo while voting for it". But stating, that you would take the devil you know over the one you don't implies that you are one.

For the record, I support Ron Paul, and not the rest of the candidates, which of course makes me a Paulbot, lunatic, racist, idiot, who subscribes to any number of absurdities that most people are to afraid to vote for.

For the record, I am a disabled American Veteran leeching off the American Government's Social Security Disability, as well as my two disabled children, which makes me even crazier for voting for Ron Paul, since he would essentially end the "entitlements" I currently collect.

But surprise me.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009

This has nothing to do with the fact that you are essentially voting for the same old vetted set of candidates that major banking institution have lined up and propped up as "The only choice". But enjoy fooling yourself that you are somehow voting for "Hope and Change"..lololol.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I would gladly vote for a good candidate. I was hoping the repubs might come up with one. But they sold out with the same old, same old. I actually like Buddy Rohmer (SP), or possibly Gary Johnson, but neither had a chance in the current repub party. I haven't always voted Dem, especially in local elections.

Paul's ideas are too far out there for me on alot of things, that said, he does have a few good ideas.

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
Top 10 people in the Obama administration - Goldman Sacs. Gee, Romney's the problem? LOL...

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
That's a big problem with the whole Democrat vs. Republican for president debate. At the end of the day, they both share several of the large institutions/corporations as contributors.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
That's a big problem with the whole Democrat vs. Republican for president debate. At the end of the day, they both share several of the large institutions/corporations as contributors.

Exactly.

They're owned by the same people and owe them favors for the millions of dollars they give them for their "campaigns".

With a guy like Ron Paul he has actual supporters giving him money. That's the difference.