GOP suing to keep third parties off the ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
At least it is consistent with the GOP policy-restricting access to the ballot box. To be frank, for a group that always seems to be wrapping themselves in the flag the GOP has some very disturbing anti-patriotic tendencies.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Doesn't really surprise me. Most of your third party candidates are conservatives that disagree with what the GOP has become. Which means that third party candidates are more likely to pull votes from Republicans than Democrats. The GOP has tried every tactic to manipulate voting so far, this is actually less disgustingly low than the voter suppression efforts they've been putting forth. I wonder how long before the robo calls trying to trick and dissuade Democrat voters start.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Conservatives need to call a constitutional convention for public funded elections, no corporate and no private money, for parties that raise sufficient signatures to show a modicum of viability. The parties will never allow a third party to exist, neither Democrats or Republicans. We are all victims of only two parties but we will stay that way if we don't change the Constitution.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Would the Dems do any different if they felt that any third party candidate wold hurt their candidate.

Both parties will do what ever it takes to get ahead.
some just get shown up; others are able to do it behind the scenes.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Would the Dems do any different if they felt that any third party candidate wold hurt their candidate.

the democrats, if I'm not mistaken, only made a request, but didn't stop Nader from being on the ballot box in 00 or 04. the republicans very actively suppressed dr. Paul's supporters at the rnconvention so it doesn't surprise me that they're doing this. If the republicans didn't want third parties running then maybe they shouldnt have nominated such a shitty candidate who isn't any different from the democrat.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Doesn't really surprise me. Most of your third party candidates are conservatives that disagree with what the GOP has become. Which means that third party candidates are more likely to pull votes from Republicans than Democrats. The GOP has tried every tactic to manipulate voting so far, this is actually less disgustingly low than the voter suppression efforts they've been putting forth. I wonder how long before the robo calls trying to trick and dissuade Democrat voters start.

Yeah! Like that damn right wing Green party candidate Ralph Nader.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000

When republicans do bad, dems do it too! If dems do bad, only dems do that fucking libtards... love how that works.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Maybe the dinocrats and the republirats are equally bad, but remember boys and girls, in 2012, its only the GOP that is resticting the ballot access of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

I may not think much of the policies or Paul or Johnson, but as a fair minded person, I can't believe in denying them a fair chance to compete.

I care somewhat about what happened in the past, BUT I CARE FAR MORE ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW NOW NOW.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
IIRC, the Dems have done something similar before. It may have been with an individual candidate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.