GOP operative found guilty of funneling Russian money to Donald Trump in 2016 campaign

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wait...wait... No Russia collusion? No Russian connection? Remember Robert Mueller didn't say Trump was not guilty he just didn't have enough to bring it to court.

Republicans have been bitching about Hunter Biden for years and we had this under our noses. A lot of us here knew this was the case but now it is official.

GOP operative found guilty of funneling Russian money to Donald Trump (msn.com)

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I was just going to post a snide comment that he shouldn't worry, if Trump is elected in '24 he will pardon him. Then I read the article-Trump had already pardoned this joker in 2020 for different finance crimes then he was indicted months later on six other campaign finance crimes which led to this conviction. The article is not clear but I'm guessing the DOJ waited until Trump was out of office before proceeding again against this clown.

If I was savvy enough I set up a poll about whether or not a re-elected Trump would pardon this clown again. Would be within the President's constitutional powers but it would be an incredibly brazen act and corruption of our system of justice.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Correction: Mueller was instructed that he couldn't bring a sitting President to court. It appears he had plenty of evidence to bring Trump to court.
He didnt have enough evidence to prove "collusion", or whatever the legal charge would correspond to.

He had plenty of evidence for obstruction, which is where the OLC opinion prevented indictment.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I use Firefox and it lets me expand the article, right below the mobile app thing

That site uses tracking cookies and after a while the white “expand” button disappears.

8c75ff857cec8037b709c955ca0f3c57.jpg

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
OP:
im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

I was just going to post a snide comment that he shouldn't worry, if Trump is elected in '24 he will pardon him...
... Would be within the President's constitutional powers but it would be an incredibly brazen act and corruption of our system of justice.
Well, we all know the constitution, rule of law, etiquette, and even just public decorum are not things that Donald has ever had a need for.
I'm also pretty sure Donald assumes he can pardon himself if he were to win again, much less the stooges around himself.

Reactions: hal2kilo

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
There's a reason Republicans are desperate to stop US support for Ukraine. They don't want the Putin regime to collapse and FSB agent lists to come out.

Reactions: hal2kilo