GOP incomptence in HoR

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/04/how_conservatives_ineptly_plotted_to_oust_john_boehner/

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/conservatives-rebel-against-boehner-85749.html?hp=f2

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-04/john-boehners-hapless-tea-party-opposition#r=hp-lst

GOP can't even make up a real plan to overthrow Boehner as speaker, LOL.

What a bunch of incompetent idiots...

Any good coup depends on stealth. But on Thursday, an enterprising Politico photographer snapped Representative Tim Huelskamp sitting in open session reading from his iPad—not making this up—the entire roster of the plot against Boehner. Just so there was no mistaking that he was up to no good, the document was entitled “YOU WOULD BE FIRED IF THIS GOES OUT.” Not making that up either.

Double LOL at this:

Republican Representative Trent Franks probably put it best when he described the coup as “a ridiculous miscalculation on the part of a sincere, but completely inept” group of colleagues.

So the GOP admits their own members are completely inept? Comedy Gold

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's a damn shame that Republicans aren't the accomplished and experienced liars, cheaters, plotters, tax evaders, hypocrites, sexual predators and child molesters that Democrats are. I'm so ashamed of the House Republican members right now.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's a damn shame that Republicans aren't the accomplished and experienced liars, cheaters, plotters, tax evaders, hypocrites, sexual predators and child molesters that Democrats are. I'm so ashamed of the House Republican members right now.
LOL Is it too early to call ownage?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Touretts!!

Apr 27, 2012

Agree. The OP has been owned.

/Thread

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Do you guys get on all fours and form a human centipede circle or is it more like a train with one right behind the other?

To the OP, people get who they vote for, in this case it appears the republican HoR represent their constituents well.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
I didn't remember this much garnishing of teeth when some rogue Dems plotted to nominate Heath Shuler over Nancy Pelosi 2 years ago.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I didn't remember this much garnishing of teeth when some rogue Dems plotted to nominate Heath Shuler over Nancy Pelosi 2 years ago.

Yeah for minority leader and it was the blue dog democrats. Nor did pelosi have the distinction of presiding over the least productive congress ever.

And there really isn't that much talk about boehner and his republican dissenters regarding his re election as speaker. There has been plenty of talk over his capabilities as a speaker though.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

LOL, troll on. Is is fun to live on your own alternate reality?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Oh, looks like this is pretty embarrassing for the GOP:

Link

Hasn't happened since 1997, when they tried to get rid of Newt. Guess that puts Boehner in ahem, "good" company, LOL, given soon after Newt had to resign.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republican party is a brain death cancer that is being treated by the voters with radiation in such a way that the cancer is eating itself. These people are embarrassing only if you can actually still feel real shame. They do no feel embarrassment themselves. Puss sacks are proud of being scum. It's the first thing the party teaches, like when Republican women parade around at conventions in dead animal fur coats.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

It's so cute when you try to be witty. But here's a hint, when attempting to be witty you should first try to succeed in being an intelligent human being. So in your case silence would be the best option.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's so cute when you try to be witty. But here's a hint, when attempting to be witty you should first try to succeed in being an intelligent human being. So in your case silence would be the best option.

You didn't find it funny because you're a whiny little snot of a Democrat. You weren't meant to or expected to find it funny, you were expected to get pissy about it.

Score.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Gnashing, gnashing of teeth, unless you mean the GOP in the HoR are going to be sportin' some grillz, maybe with some parsley.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
The Republican party is a brain death cancer that is being treated by the voters with radiation in such a way that the cancer is eating itself. These people are embarrassing only if you can actually still feel real shame. They do no feel embarrassment themselves. Puss sacks are proud of being scum. It's the first thing the party teaches, like when Republican women parade around at conventions in dead animal fur coats.

Such vitriol. Your partisan hackery has cut you into pieces that can never be put back together. Your mind has rotted to the core. So sad.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Such vitriol. Your partisan hackery has cut you into pieces that can never be put back together. Your mind has rotted to the core. So sad.

Please note I identified you as a person who has no shame. People who deflect shame do so because they are full of it but won't permit themselves to feel it. I didn't come to know how your mind works without having insight into myself. But because I got to my self knowledge before you could present me with it here, unfortunately for you, your truth no longer has a shaming effect on me. This is why I tell you who you are, so you have the same change to get past it as I took. Did you but feel how disgusting and totally worthless you are, you would heal. Think of me as a wise man, one rarely met in life, who has secret knowledge of your soul, knowledge you, in your ignorance, reject. You are like a sick wild animal that can't be reached. Try to let some light in. You need something from me but I need nothing from you. That you are sick and lost doesn't make me feel better. I already won.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Nor did pelosi have the distinction of presiding over the least productive congress ever.

Republicans consider it a mortal sin to continue on the federal spending spree.

Democrats consider it a mortal sin to reduce any federal spending.

Both parties have combined in equal parts to stop congressional progress.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

I'm pretty sure some are accomplished at all of those things. Republicans also have a terrible history of getting caught in homosexual acts or situations in spite of their anti-homosexual rhetoric and voting record.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Republicans consider it a mortal sin to continue on the federal spending spree.

Democrats consider it a mortal sin to reduce any federal spending.

Keep telling yourself that.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Yes clearly the party of Mark Foley (child predator), Vitter, all the closetted gay republicans, and rape apologists should be talking.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Republicans consider it a mortal sin to continue on the federal spending spree now that Democrats are in power. They were conveniently unconcerned about spending when they were in power. "Deficits don't matter" was the phrase of the day.

Democrats consider it a mortal sin to reduce any federal spending on non-defense expenses. Republicans consider it a mortal sin to reduce any federal spending on "defense" expenses. Both parties consider it a mortal sin to reduce any federal spending on their wealthy benefactors.

FTFY