GOP forms circular firing squad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: seemingly random
I've always thought it was counter-productive to give the enemy advice. What if they took it and beat you?

The repugs need to go much further right. Skip this pussy shit in the middle. I'm sure there are some untapped voters on the far right.

They should not be the enemy. They should be a legitimate political party. If they can be better, perhaps next time they win they won't suck.
In a perfect world maybe, but that's not what we have. I believe the religious right is much more of a danger than anyone credits. Religious fundies around the world will drive the u.s. fundies ... escalating back and forth. Until this is resolved and under control, we're in for a rocky road - more extremism - in our political system as well as around the world. Where did ralph reed go? Could he or someone like him try to gain control of the republican party or start another? Did you see the neo-cons coming? I didn't.

I started out a couple of months ago talking about the demise of the republican party mainly to goad someone. Curiously, this possibility seems to be gaining credibility. I wonder what a true multi-party (3, 4, 5) system would look like.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
I blame the moderate Republicans just as much for the mess we are in than anyone else. They KNEW better than to vote for Bush's reelection in '04 but could not bring themselves to pull the Democratic lever or not vote because of their partisanship. Their refusal to be more critical of this administration and stand up for what they truly believed in has now caused the destruction of their party. They let it become hijacked by social conservatives and neo-con warhawks in order to sustain power. They are now feeling what can only be described as a cosmic bitchslap into political oblivion.

Brilliant!

-Robert

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: Ferocious
McCain told the Times that the administration ?let things get completely out of hand? through eight years of bad decisions about Iraq, global warming, and big spending.

I heard somewhere that McSame voted with Bush 90% of the time.

He told it on himself.

I voted with President Bush 90% of the time! :barf;

Hey mister! If you wanted to run against President Bush you should have run in 2004!!!!! :|

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: seemingly random
I've always thought it was counter-productive to give the enemy advice. What if they took it and beat you?

The repugs need to go much further right. Skip this pussy shit in the middle. I'm sure there are some untapped voters on the far right.

I don't think they leave their compounds and bunkers to vote.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
They are like a bunch of gasses termites in a house, looking for somebody to blame when they are all soon to be dead. The Republicans failed and are failing because they are wrong about everything. They are a disaster that is destroying the nation. They must be defeated and everybody but the comatose know it. The whole world is waiting for the US to be born again as a liberal and modern democracy. We have allowed our ass to govern and now it's time to change.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are like bad diarrhea, they're going to stick around and come back. There are just too many heavy-duty Christians in this country for the Republicans not to rebound. Also, it's doubtful that Obama and the Democrats will do much or will be able to do much to improve the state of the economy. I feel very confident that the Democrats will screw things up, too. So, eventually the Republicans will be back.