GOP clerk apologizes for 'black Hitler' posts

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006

Never intended to offend anyone

TEXT------------------------------------------------
updated 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
FRANKLIN, Ind. - A Republican county clerk in Indiana said she apologized for distributing to two of her employees an Internet blog posting referring to Barack Obama as a "young, black Adolf Hitler."

According to a police report, the employees discovered printouts of the unsigned post at their desks after returning from Labor Day weekend. They had both voted for Obama in the Democratic primary.

Johnson County Clerk Jill Jackson told The Associated Press that she was merely passing along an item that already was circulating in the office and that she "never intended to offend anyone."

The posting does not mention Obama by name but refers to events in his life that make it clear Obama is the target.

Local Republican Party officials call the incident unacceptable, saying it taints Jackson's ability to appear unbiased in administering this year's election.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF is wrong with these people???? oh i never intended to offend anyone, or oh, i didn't mean that, sorry if you took it that way... W.T.F. how do you expect people to take it then? oh golly, it's just a harmless joke?

it seems there's been a string of hateful, divisive and racial things that some republicans have said or done.... and all their responses are - oh, that's not what i meant. i apologize IF you took it wrong but i didn't mean that. what i meant was... blahblahblah.

really getting sick of these overt racisms and prejudice that's going around...

btw, kinda funny how that bolded part above reads... heh, it taints Jackson's ability to appear unbiased.. well doggonit, she was supposed to appear unbiased damn it!!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
that's insane.

Hitler at least had military experience before becoming a community organizer.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Oh, for the Love of Pete.

Some woman prints a blog thing and this is news? I suppose because it is about Obama it is.

Have you never seen the other stuff from the internet printed and passed around about other candidates that never ever makes the news? E.g., Hillary's *lieagra*

If it was something about McCain being too old (ageism) we'd never hear it. The MSM obsession with supposed race stuff has gotten very old.

Edit: Had to laugh about the problems with this woman's new percieved lack of objectivity, somehow the other poll workers publicizing that they voted for Obama doesn't trigger the same lack of objectivity. So, you're no longer objective if you show a lack of support for Obama (for all we know the woman supports RP or another independant), but showing support for Obama means you are objective :frown:

Fern

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Fern

Some woman prints a blog thing and this is news? I suppose because it is about Obama it is.

Have you never seen the other stuff from the internet printed and passed around about other candidates that never ever makes the news? E.g., Hillary's *lieagra*

If it was something about McCain being too old (ageism) we'd never hear it. The MSM obsession with supposed race stuff has gotten very old.

Edit: Had to laugh about the problems with this woman's new percieved lack of objectivity, somehow the other poll workers publicizing that they voted for Obama doesn't trigger the same lack of objectivity. So, you're no longer objective if you show a lack of support for Obama (for all we know the woman supports RP or another independant), but showing support for Obama means you are objective :frown:

Fern

lack of good judgement seems to be the new tune for the republican party these days, starting from McCain choosing Palin. this post isn't about this one incident, rather an accumulation of what's been going on.

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
So someone shows someone a blog, and this is somehow a big deal?

the local republican party officials thought it was big enough deal to consider it unacceptable.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

Right.

But did anybody else catch that this occurred on Labor day (6 or 7 weeks ago) but is just now worthy of national news?

Fern

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006

Right.

But did anybody else catch that this occurred on Labor day (6 or 7 weeks ago) but is just now worthy of national news?

Fern

Fern,

It isn't about whether this is news worthy or not. It's more on the attitude of many people, including leaderships in the republican parties, who continually make overtly racial and/or divisive statements. and when they make a mistake and take it too far and are called on it, they always say - oh, i did not mean that.

and that is the point i am making. this isn't simply about obama or mccain, but about those who spread bigotry and hate in this country and are dividing this country in two.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Fern

Fern, you did notice the part about her BEING IN CHARGE of administering the general election in that area, didn't you? The local GOP recognized that such a person is absolutely unsuitable. Take the blinders off, 99.9% of America wants an honest election and clowns like this should have absolutely no role in the process. The real question to me is how she managed to worm her way into such a position of authority.