GOP blocks vote on tax breaks for small business

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
So what else is in the bill ? The real reason that its being blocked . Whats in it or not in it that are reasons for blockage

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
This goes for you too. When the GOP does dumb shit, conservatives just throw up their hands and shout, 'well, both parties are equally bad!' as some sort of defense and you low information voters eat it up.

And? guess I'm a conservative, just one that is a pro-gay marriage, pro-drug legalization, halfway pro-choice atheist. Both parties are worthless, pretending one is any better than the other is just disingenuous. The fact that the GOP didn't just block a tax cut for small business bill, but blocked it because of disagreements over amendments didn't make it into your narrative says a lot.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
And? guess I'm a conservative, just one that is a pro-gay marriage, pro-drug legalization, halfway pro-choice atheist. Both parties are worthless, pretending one is any better than the other is just disingenuous.

Pretending they're both equally bad is just plain lazy.

Again, read here about how the Dems and GOP AGREED to spending cuts (social + military), sacred cows for each party, then the GOP reneged on that and only wanted social spending cuts. Now you have NO FUCKING CUTS

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...rs-renege-on-debt-limit-deal-defense-cuts.php

But yup, you buy into the bullshit that they're 'equally bad'.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Except the democrat's 'stuff' was already gop 'stuff'. CUTTING TAXES.

Edit: Besides that, you're taking the GOP at their word, which is hilarious. They're the worst liars.

Lets all just stop the word usage and get right down to the fighting and killing. The GOPs tanks against the Dems social bankrupting give away programms. Both sides are complete liars ,traitors and 100% evil/sheep are sheep white or black sheep maskes no differance still sheep. Dems just dress as sheep but are wolves in reality

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Lets all just stop the word usage and get right down to the fighting and killing. The GOPs tanks against the Dems social bankrupting give away programms. Both sides are complete liars ,traitors and 100% evil/sheep are sheep white or black sheep maskes no differance still sheep. Dems just dress as sheep but are wolves in reality

Yes, yes, 'they're both equally bad'

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...rs-renege-on-debt-limit-deal-defense-cuts.php

No they aren't. This low information voter false equivalency has to stop.

Edit: And to say Dems are wolves is hilarious when they have no backbone

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
And? guess I'm a conservative, just one that is a pro-gay marriage, pro-drug legalization, halfway pro-choice atheist. Both parties are worthless, pretending one is any better than the other is just disingenuous. The fact that the GOP didn't just block a tax cut for small business bill, but blocked it because of disagreements over amendments didn't make it into your narrative says a lot.

I'm forced to agree. I dislike both parties and find neither one to closely align enough with my values and beliefs to entice me into a voting booth.

However, I do see how the modern day GOP has committed themselves to an obstructionist stance and only veer from that when it's clear its adherence will cause their party irreparable harm.

The Democrats are not blameless but when one party devotes itself only to the opposition of the other rather than the good of the American populace, they've essentially betrayed the trust of the people who voted them into office and violated their oath to serve.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Changed my sig, looks like i'm going to have to reference this over and over again to knock down this bullshit false equivalency between both parties on P&N numerous times in the future. How this persists in the face of facts and reality is really astounding.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Pretending they're both equally bad is just plain lazy.

Again, read here about how the Dems and GOP AGREED to spending cuts (social + military), sacred cows for each party, then the GOP reneged on that and only wanted social spending cuts. Now you have NO FUCKING CUTS

But yup, you buy into the bullshit that they're 'equally bad'.

They are equally bad, maybe not at the same things, but in different ways they both are worthless and cause more problems than they fix. Don't cry cause your hero's are shit.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Changed my sig, looks like i'm going to have to reference this over and over again to knock down this bullshit false equivalency between both parties on P&N numerous times in the future. How this persists in the face of facts and reality is really astounding.

No one cares about your sig, except maybe you.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
They are equally bad, maybe not at the same things, but in different ways they both are worthless and cause more problems than they fix. Don't cry cause your hero's are shit.

Not at the same things OR THE SAME DEGREE.

The Texas GOP really wasn't kidding about promoting no critical thinking skills to you guys.

Sorry you're wrong about everything.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
See, Phokus, at least dmcowen674 is honest enough to recognize reality and give his opinion of that.

If you had said in your first comment that you believe that the Bush tax cuts should not be extended for the top tax bracket, then you would have been honest about what the issue is.

Although I still would modify dmcowen674's statement a tweak, to "Republicans will not agree to anything allows the Dems to ignore the discussion of expiring tax cuts for $250k+ earners."

If you believe taxes should go up on $250k+ earners, then state that as your opinion. But when you proclaim that GOP now doesn't want tax cuts to small businesses, you are just being a stereotypical political hack that is recognizable to everyone.

I mean, do you *really* believe you are changing *anyone's* opinions when writing on this forum?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Won't be long until an Ad beats this over the head of Republicans. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Democrat majority in House/Senate after Nov. If so, maybe this time they'll do it right.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Won't be long until an Ad beats this over the head of Republicans. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Democrat majority in House/Senate after Nov. If so, maybe this time they'll do it right.

as long as theres a republican in the white-house we might survive

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Not at the same things OR THE SAME DEGREE.

The Texas GOP really wasn't kidding about promoting no critical thinking skills to you guys.

Sorry you're wrong about everything.

Such a good little puppet, toe the line

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
See, Phokus, at least dmcowen674 is honest enough to recognize reality and give his opinion of that.

If you had said in your first comment that you believe that the Bush tax cuts should not be extended for the top tax bracket, then you would have been honest about what the issue is.

Although I still would modify dmcowen674's statement a tweak, to "Republicans will not agree to anything allows the Dems to ignore the discussion of expiring tax cuts for $250k+ earners."

If you believe taxes should go up on $250k+ earners, then state that as your opinion. But when you proclaim that GOP now doesn't want tax cuts to small businesses, you are just being a stereotypical political hack that is recognizable to everyone.

I mean, do you *really* believe you are changing *anyone's* opinions when writing on this forum?
Why don't you tell us why you think one bill should rely on the other when they are seperate bills.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
You notice how not one single conservative in this thread is debating facts. Not one.

And they never will. So stop wasting your time. Republicans don't want the truth nor do they care about the truth. They believe so strongly in their tunnel-vision view of the world that they must reject everything that doesn't fall within those beams outright.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Don't stop there. "Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, sought votes on other tax proposals, specifically one that would extend for another year the tax breaks from the George W. Bush administration that expire in December." So, basically "vote for our tax cuts or we won't vote for your tax cuts which we also want." There's absolutely no good reason to skip voting for a bill you already support which will help a large segment of the population just so you can try to get more things attached as riders and amendments.

What Repubs exploit more than anything else is... Hostages! They'll hold anybody & anything hostage to ongoing tax cuts for the true Bush constituency, something anybody with a shred of integrity needs to recognize.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You notice how not one single conservative in this thread is debating facts. Not one.

And they never will. So stop wasting your time. Republicans don't want the truth nor do they care about the truth. They believe so strongly in their tunnel-vision view of the world that they must reject everything that doesn't fall within those beams outright.

It's worse than that- it's outright denial. It's like a drunk in the gutter blaming anything & everything other than John Barleycorn for their problems, and actually believing it.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

"Apparently, reality has a liberal bias" - Stephen Colbert.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Yeah you didn't read the article.

Keep being a low information voter. It's really really sad watching you.

I haven't had time to search out the particulars, but here is something I found.

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinion/report/071712_disclose_mccain/mccain-disclose-act-opens-door-labor-money/

I haven't had time to verify it but the claim is that there are loopholes which allow unions to bypass reporting if individual member donations are less than 10k. The aggregate isn't what counts. Is this true?