Google uses Canon - Panorama's and stuff.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-Googled-Today!&id=3472353

Anyways, there's a new Google service to debut and what they are doing is going around doing photo shoots of businesses. The above link is the only article I could find on it. They'll be posting these up on Google maps much like how they have street view pics. The service is beginning in select cities and they actually came to use three weeks ago to schedule a shoot.

The photographer did say the service is still in the beginning stages and most of the photographs are for when the software is for "when the programmers have finished writing it." Most of the panoramas should be automatically stitched and posted though the "point of interest" shots would need selecting. He said some of the businesses he shot were in Dec'09 and none have been put up yet.

They'll do up to 12 panorama shots of the business. The guy was using a Canon, looked like a Rebel. I couldn't get an exact model but it was definitely a Canon. He also had a Manfrotto tripod. He used a fisheye lens for the panoramas and what looked like a kit lens for the normal "point of interest" shots. Sorry I couldn't get the exact make and model of the camera and lenses used. I was busy with some work at the time.

Just thought it'd be interesting to some of you.