Google to Fall to the Might of Microsoft

iBold

Nov 10, 2003
Google Inc., going public I can handle, but Google being wed to Microsoft -- Microsoft must be delusional to think that Google would Microsoft themselves! Google Inc., has no need of Microsoft. Microsoft may think they need Google. But you believe this, to marry the two together would be to weaken both brands, kill off Google and open the way for a new contender to the search king. Besides myself, there are millions of people who do not purposely buy Microsoft products. There is a growing number of people who purchase or acquire Lindows, Red Hat, Debian, Slackware, Ximian and more, because they do not like the Microsoft domination. These people are the primary users of Google -- the heavy hitters that make Google money.

Read the whole thing:brokenheart:

iBold

Nov 10, 2003
And in the 'worry not' link was a whole nother bit...
Google at first talked about selling shares DIRECTLY to the public, in the form of an auction..
All though this sounds absolutely awsome, I don't see how it is possible to do, or even practicle. Opening up bidding is going to way over-value the shares...the tech bubble all over again.

iBold

Nov 10, 2003
Well lots of people don't use microsoft just for that reason, it's microsoft...the big, powerful, all things evil representation..
I can't explain it myself, I still use office and windows, but there are enough windows haters (as the article states..) that it could put a big dent in googles market, and bring about another player in the search engine game

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
If they provide the same quality of service, why not?

Microsoft seems like Big Brother to me... You do know that most every search you make can be traced via your IP address

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I'll use what suits my needs best. Unless the little 'bots' come from India..