Question Google thinks I'm a robot

Cathch

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this so please can you move it if not? I found a similar query in this section.

I had a sharing error on Google Drive - I had apparently exceeded my sharing quota by trying to share with 3 people - and read that I should clear cookies. I now can't search on Google at all. I get the CAPTCHA thing over and over. I'm not using a VPN. I'm OK to search from my phone but my laptop won't let me.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
How do we know you aren't a robot?

What if you don't realize you're a robot?

What if this is all just a bad dream?

What if you're a one post wonder and don't come back to this topic?

I can't be sure of anything anymore.

I'd try launching your browser in safe mode or with add-ons disabled, or a different browser, or a different computer to isolate this.

I assume you don't have any of the various methods in place of blocking domains or IP addresses like a firewall or widows host file, over-ambitious 3rd party security suite, etc?

If you are logged into your google account on that browser session, have you tried logging out, or vice-versa, or both logging out and back in?

Point being, it would be useful to isolate whether this is a network issue, a software issue, or a google account issue.

Cathch

Oct 5, 2021
If I were a robot life would probably be easier than this ;)

The problem went away again after a couple of hours. I think the root of the problem is that I have 2 google accounts, home and personal. I had to clear cookies to get into my gmail so google wouldn't let me search.

The odd thing was that I could still search from my phone, which is the same IP address - I hotspot my laptop from my phone. But it meant I could contact you and you were kind enough to respond.

i'm continuing to have problems with running two accounts. Can't download anything now

"The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to docs.google.com.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Do I need to start a new thread for this? I've cleared site cookies, signed out of all google accounts and in again to one, then the other, then both. No downloads.

I don't really want to share my personal stuff on my work account.

I'd appreciate your help. Not a one hit wonder but it's fair to say I'm not the quickest to respond, :(

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
  1. a program or system intended to distinguish human from machine input, typically as a way of thwarting spam and automated extraction of data from websites.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
i'm continuing to have problems with running two accounts. Can't download anything now

"The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to docs.google.com.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Do I need to start a new thread for this? I've cleared site cookies, signed out of all google accounts and in again to one, then the other, then both. No downloads.

I'd try a different browser in safe mode, and try pinging the following URL as i just did a test download from googledocs and it came from there (or probably other docs from other servers they have with a different number before "s" or after "b" in the URL), and this URL does respond to pings which I also tested.

doc-0s-b8-docstext.googleusercontent.com