Google gives directions to your house based on phone#

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
hmm, pretty cool. my parents' address isn't listed, but their city & state are

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Directories like this have been online and in CD form for years now. Anyone with $50 can buy a CD with the entire country's listings from phone books on it and do whatever they want with it. It's public information, for better or for worse. Paranoia is of no use when this isn't anything new. All someone has to do is get an address and punch it into Mapquest, and if someone's intent on stalking a person it's not going to matter if they can get this information from Google. They're going to find it by whatever means they need to.

Edit: In response to the email, I would submit that I, in fact, would mind getting this email. I already get enough spam and chain email, especially from well-wishing Internet users who don't have a clue. I wish I could get them to stop doing that...

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I tried my number and several friends'. Found most of them, but with no address, and the maps were not too close.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
they have been doing this for over a year. I have used it for a long time. Very useful

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Found mine no problem.

So how long do you all figure we have before Google become sentient, becomes convinced we are lesser life forms, and kills us all? ;)