Goodnight SETI - Final data is in the splitter queue.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Very weird, the R250X has DP too, so it can't be that.
I don't know then, it's beyond me, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chip in?

emoga

May 13, 2018
Does your cc_config.xml contain the 'use all gpus' line?
Code:
<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
You could try that and see if it helps.

It requires a restart of the boinc client after.

Reactions: Assimilator1

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
If it helps, then there is still something wrong which would be at least interesting, but more likely necessary, to learn what it is. The default use_all_gpus=0 means "only the most capable GPUs are used". The fact that the discrete GPU is not used may be caused by boinc having not discovered some or all properties of the GPU.

coproc_info.xml will show us what boinc has discovered at startup. It may also (or may not) contain failure messages from the GPU probing during startup.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
@Endgame124, post the file coproc_info.xml from the boinc data directory, embedded in [CODE] ... [/CODE] please, or use the Insert... Code function of the message editor.
Code:
    <coprocs>
   <ati_opencl>
      <name>ASUS R7 250X Series</name>
      <vendor>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</vendor>
      <vendor_id>4098</vendor_id>
      <available>1</available>
      <half_fp_config>0</half_fp_config>
      <single_fp_config>190</single_fp_config>
      <double_fp_config>63</double_fp_config>
      <endian_little>1</endian_little>
      <execution_capabilities>1</execution_capabilities>
      <extensions>cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_media_ops2 cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_spir cl_khr_gl_event cl_amd_liquid_flash </extensions>
      <global_mem_size>1073741824</global_mem_size>
      <local_mem_size>32768</local_mem_size>
      <max_clock_frequency>1000</max_clock_frequency>
      <max_compute_units>10</max_compute_units>
      <nv_compute_capability_major>0</nv_compute_capability_major>
      <nv_compute_capability_minor>0</nv_compute_capability_minor>
      <amd_simd_per_compute_unit>4</amd_simd_per_compute_unit>
      <amd_simd_width>16</amd_simd_width>
      <amd_simd_instruction_width>1</amd_simd_instruction_width>
      <opencl_platform_version>OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (2841.19)</opencl_platform_version>
      <opencl_device_version>OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (2841.19)</opencl_device_version>
      <opencl_driver_version>2841.19</opencl_driver_version>
      <device_num>0</device_num>
      <peak_flops>1280000000000.000000</peak_flops>
      <opencl_available_ram>1073741824.000000</opencl_available_ram>
      <opencl_device_index>0</opencl_device_index>
      <warn_bad_cuda>0</warn_bad_cuda>
   </ati_opencl>
   <ati_opencl>
      <name>AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics</name>
      <vendor>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</vendor>
      <vendor_id>4098</vendor_id>
      <available>1</available>
      <half_fp_config>0</half_fp_config>
      <single_fp_config>190</single_fp_config>
      <double_fp_config>63</double_fp_config>
      <endian_little>1</endian_little>
      <execution_capabilities>1</execution_capabilities>
      <extensions>cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_khr_gl_depth_images cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_media_ops2 cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_spir cl_khr_subgroups cl_khr_gl_event cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_mipmap_image cl_khr_mipmap_image_writes cl_amd_liquid_flash cl_amd_planar_yuv</extensions>
      <global_mem_size>7558922240</global_mem_size>
      <local_mem_size>32768</local_mem_size>
      <max_clock_frequency>1040</max_clock_frequency>
      <max_compute_units>8</max_compute_units>
      <nv_compute_capability_major>0</nv_compute_capability_major>
      <nv_compute_capability_minor>0</nv_compute_capability_minor>
      <amd_simd_per_compute_unit>4</amd_simd_per_compute_unit>
      <amd_simd_width>16</amd_simd_width>
      <amd_simd_instruction_width>1</amd_simd_instruction_width>
      <opencl_platform_version>OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (2841.19)</opencl_platform_version>
      <opencl_device_version>OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2841.19)</opencl_device_version>
      <opencl_driver_version>2841.19</opencl_driver_version>
      <device_num>1</device_num>
      <peak_flops>1064960000000.000000</peak_flops>
      <opencl_available_ram>7558922240.000000</opencl_available_ram>
      <opencl_device_index>1</opencl_device_index>
      <warn_bad_cuda>0</warn_bad_cuda>
   </ati_opencl>
<warning>No NVIDIA library found</warning>
<warning>No ATI library found.</warning>
    </coprocs>

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Does your cc_config.xml contain the 'use all gpus' line?
Code:
You could try that and see if it helps.

It requires a restart of the boinc client after.
I'm not finding that file - don't see it in the boinc data directory or in the installation directory. Any tips where I can find it?

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Re #55:
It's late in the day here, and I don't have AMD GPUs myself... This coproc_info.xml looks good and it is unusual why tasks are put onto your GPU 1 but not onto your GPU 0. Can anybody else make something of it?

Re #56:
Some boinc-client installations start out without cc_config.xml, since it is optional. Other installations come with a cc_config.xml which is populated with all possible options, all set to their default values.

You can create a minimal one:
XML:
<cc_config>
    <options>
    </options>
</cc_config>
When you create it (in the boinc data directory), make sure it is a text file but with the exact name and suffix, and that the boinc pseudo user is permitted to read it. After that, restart the client.

Reactions: Endgame124

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Re #55:
It's late in the day here, and I don't have AMD GPUs myself... This coproc_info.xml looks good and it is unusual why tasks are put onto your GPU 1 but not onto your GPU 0. Can anybody else make something of it?

Re #56:
Some boinc-client installations start out without cc_config.xml, since it is optional. Other installations come with a cc_config.xml which is populated with all possible options, all set to their default values.

You can create a minimal one:
XML:
<cc_config>
    <options>
    </options>
</cc_config>
When you create it (in the boinc data directory), make sure it is a text file but with the exact name and suffix, and that the boinc pseudo user is permitted to read it. After that, restart the client.
Creating the cc_config.xml did the trick. seti@home can now use the 2nd video card. I'm going to let the current f@h task complete, then I'll switch to drain out the Seti queue. After that, I'm not sure if it makes more sense to put the r250x back to f@h or if I should put it on a different boinc task.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Down to the last 5 Seti WUs in this last batch. I’m at 5,775,000 (ish) points. If by some strange chance I pickup another future batch, I may break 6 mill, otherwise 5.75 mill isn’t bad

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Down to the last 5 Seti WUs in this last batch. I’m at 5,775,000 (ish) points. If by some strange chance I pickup another future batch, I may break 6 mill, otherwise 5.75 mill isn’t bad
Well, you beat me. I am at 5.346 million. Buty I don't see you in the stats. You on another team ?

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Well, you beat me. I am at 5.346 million. Buty I don't see you in the stats. You on another team ?
I actually never joined a team for my time with Seti, from classic on. I was actually going to join the Anadtech team, but that was about the time they announced the end of Seti, so I figured keep it on a 20 year solo run.

Find my stats here:

Reactions: TennesseeTony

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
It's never too late to join a team ;)

Lane42
That's an awesome amount or credit! No 115 in the world :cool:

My main rig hasn't grabbed any SETI WUs since I switched to Rosetta, it's chock full of those ;).