Goodbye NX, hello Switch

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
Yea it's just too much because getting many of them is not fun. Especially compared to the moons in Mario Odyssey.

Here I was thinking I did well with ~200 seeds and 100 shrines. I explored quite a bit. The world is pretty darn fun to explore though.

I wanted to buy overcooked on switch, but I couldn't find it soon enough so I got it on PS4 for my wife and I....I try to hard to game with her. She's just so...bad.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Here I was thinking I did well with ~200 seeds and 100 shrines. I explored quite a bit. The world is pretty darn fun to explore though.

I wanted to buy overcooked on switch, but I couldn't find it soon enough so I got it on PS4 for my wife and I....I try to hard to game with her. She's just so...bad.
Ya know, my GF of 58 can't game worth spit but I swear, she kills Dragon's Lair.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I've heard that Overcooked is a reaaaaaally good way to ruin relationships. :p

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
Yea it's just too much because getting many of them is not fun. Especially compared to the moons in Mario Odyssey.
Nice comparison. Can you imagine if they were? A whole side platformer inside a Zelda game.

I have almost 400 seeds without using a guide (still looking for like 8 Shrines, too), and I can't imagine where any more of them could be, yet every time I play I find about a dozen more. I'm sure I haven't explored every square inch of the game, but it sure seems like it. Some are fun, like the timed ones, and the golf ones (as long as you get it on the 1st try.... sheesh). You really have to comb everything for most of the others, climb every tree in the game, pick up every rock, etc, which is pretty tedious. Not required of course, which I think they intended it just to be a bonus for the exploring you're doing anyway, but making the comparison to Mario almost makes me want to give it up. I've got all the weapon slots, and I really don't think I need more shields or bows. The bonus for finding them all should be having them all unlocked if you start a new game (optional of course), then I might consider it.

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
Ya know, my GF of 58 can't game worth spit but I swear, she kills Dragon's Lair.

Wow that takes some precision!

I've heard that Overcooked is a reaaaaaally good way to ruin relationships. :p

Oh man, really?! I thought it looked kinda high pressure as you progressed, we will see! I tried to get her to play OG doom to get some basic skills, didn't go too well.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It should be a 1:1 attach rate.

It's funny how Zelda had more Zelda copies sold than systems sold. I have two copies, one from the collectors edition and one normal.

Lots of people probably bought the game in anticipation of getting a switch and then could not find one.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The Beach Volleyball Champ moon on Seaside Kingdom is by far the most annoying/frustrating moon I've attempted to get in Mario Odyssey. I've tried probably 10+ times and still haven't gotten it and starting over from the beginning is so tedious.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
The Beach Volleyball Champ moon on Seaside Kingdom is by far the most annoying/frustrating moon I've attempted to get in Mario Odyssey. I've tried probably 10+ times and still haven't gotten it and starting over from the beginning is so tedious.

For me, it's one of the races in the snow level. I think I just don't know how to race properly or something because it's downright embarrassing how bad I am at it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
For me, it's one of the races in the snow level. I think I just don't know how to race properly or something because it's downright embarrassing how bad I am at it.
That's my next level. I'm just going in order getting all the moons and coins starting from the first level once I beat the game. Some of the races are tough though, you have to kind of watch what the gold guy does and then just do what he does, but faster lol. The one in New Donk City was pretty tough as you had to do some more advanced aerial techniques to keep up with him.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
That's my next level. I'm just going in order getting all the moons and coins starting from the first level once I beat the game. Some of the races are tough though, you have to kind of watch what the gold guy does and then just do what he does, but faster lol. The one in New Donk City was pretty tough as you had to do some more advanced aerial techniques to keep up with him.

I'm not referring to the koopa races. The snow level has a few races where you take control of one of the residents and race by bouncing around a track. The last one I gave up on because I sucked at it. I need to go back and get it sometime so I can 100% the game. Maybe I'll look up a video on Youtube or something.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Lots of people probably bought the game in anticipation of getting a switch and then could not find one.

I remember my local walmart had 8+ copies of zelda for switch but no switches 1-2 days after release. No copies of the WiiU version either.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
I had enough moons to unlock the 2nd to last world and was disappointed so I quit playing.

I'm not one to get all the collectibles in a game though, too many other games to play for all that jazz.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm not referring to the koopa races. The snow level has a few races where you take control of one of the residents and race by bouncing around a track. The last one I gave up on because I sucked at it. I need to go back and get it sometime so I can 100% the game. Maybe I'll look up a video on Youtube or something.
Ah okay I haven't gone back to that level after I the first play through so I haven't attempted that one yet most likely.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

The game is designed to not make you get all of them. Your prize for collecting all of them is literally a golden turd. Just stop when you get bored, and go do something else!

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth getting? Seen some polarizing reviews. Some of them gushing over it, some of them seem to be very harsh. Specifically the story being a bit lacking at times. Thoughts?

Taking advantage of Toys R US buy 1 get one 30% off and dunno if I should keep it.

edit: after spending much time watching videos about the game I decided it's probably not for me. Irritating characters, bloated mechanics that aren't explained properly, battles are tedious. So I'll simply pick up a different game instead.

Last edited:

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth getting? Seen some polarizing reviews. Some of them gushing over it, some of them seem to be very harsh. Specifically the story being a bit lacking at times. Thoughts?

Taking advantage of Toys R US buy 1 get one 30% off and dunno if I should keep it.

edit: after spending much time watching videos about the game I decided it's probably not for me. Irritating characters, bloated mechanics that aren't explained properly, battles are tedious. So I'll simply pick up a different game instead.
It's a solid game and worth buying if you like rpg's and the previous xeno games. I am about 20 hours into it at the moment and it feels good. My biggest complaint is the opening. It feels a tad off in the way they handle the tutorial part but once you get past that and into the open world the game really comes alive.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It's a solid game and worth buying if you like rpg's and the previous xeno games. I am about 20 hours into it at the moment and it feels good. My biggest complaint is the opening. It feels a tad off in the way they handle the tutorial part but once you get past that and into the open world the game really comes alive.

I talked to a bunch of people who put dozens of hours into it and they told me that the things I don’t think I would like may sour my experience with it so I’m just going to return it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Has anyone purchased a portable charger or some type of battery pack for the switch? The included wall charger is not very travel friendly. Any recommendations?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
When I've traveled with mine I've just packed the USB-C cable that came with my pro controller and use that to charge it between flights.