Good things to eat or drink when you have a sore throat?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
Man, I should thank you guys. That throat coat tea works wonders! Tastes good, too. I also cooked up some chicken broth with fresh chopped celery and corrots, and added some of those cheese tortellinis and a dash of salt and pepper. Also most excellent. Now if I could just get rid of the fever and the muscle aches and the stuffiness & on & on & on....

:(

For the other stuff I usually have bigger meals, lots of liquids, and plenty of rest. Bigger meals cuz you body is doing battle and uses nutrients fast. Maybe its just me but I always end up hungary after like an hour if I dont eat a larger portion.

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
i dont know why, but when i was ill w/a sore throat that was so bad i couldnt eat for 5 straight days, i was able to eat spaghettio's and drink pepsi. dont ask.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Lots and lots of great ideas here. Although heating whiskey sounds a little iffy, I don't doubt that it works wonders. :)

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
hot chocolate, hot tomato soup, and sore throat candys (the ones that have the lemon liquid stuff in), are always at the top of my list when i have a sore throat

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
Man, I should thank you guys. That throat coat tea works wonders! Tastes good, too. I also cooked up some chicken broth with fresh chopped celery and corrots, and added some of those cheese tortellinis and a dash of salt and pepper. Also most excellent. Now if I could just get rid of the fever and the muscle aches and the stuffiness & on & on & on....

:(
I'm glad the throat coat works for ya. I really like those medicinals teas...they've worked for me for everything from allergies to headaches. :D

Rob