Good source to order prints for digital pics?

Ares2600

May 30, 2000
There's a few digital pictures I have that I'm looking to get printed and was wondering if anyone had any strong feelings about the services out there. I've looked at the standard offerings from Kodak, Shutterfly, and Snapfish but can't really find much differentiation.

Some things that strike me is that the galleries you make sample your images down during upload. Do they still keep the original image somewhere to make the final print from? I'm looking to get 8x10s and don't want them printed from the sampled version, you know?

Anyway, any suggestions/recommendations?

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
The ones you lsited are the ones I use. also walmart.com does it as well. we normally use shutterfly or snapfish.

I normally edit the image most of the way on the PC before uploading it and then just use the online thing to set the prinatble region if the picture isn't the right aspect ratio.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I used to recommend Ofoto (Kodakgallery) but we recently ordered some and the quality isn't what it used to be. Quite disappointed, actually. The faces were dotted but solid colors on clothing were fine. Very strange. And this happened to most pictures across 3 different digicams used.

Almost like they used the downsized pics that get converted when you upload them. I always thought it uses the full size that you upload. But with filesizes upwards of 1MB per picture these days, who knows what they're doing with them after you up it.