Good shoot?

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
Here's one that involves incredible quality security cameras, and is gut wrenching because it involves a dad being shot dead in front of his son. There could be an intelligent discussion involving letting the dad go in the short term, as his kid was already in the car with him and the dad had a gun in his hand.
This will absolutely not make a splash in the national media circuit, because the suspect is just another white dude.

My thought: Another dead worthless criminal. Too bad his kid was there. But if you resist arrest and wave guns around in front of the police, you're going to get shot. Not complicated. Skin tone makes no difference.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
There is no clearer time to shoot than what was demonstrated on that video. The guy was also a hardened criminal, but that is not why he died. His actions killed him. That's not execution. It's called self defense and you need to respect that right for everyone, cops included.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There is no clearer time to shoot than what was demonstrated on that video. The guy was also a hardened criminal, but that is not why he died. His actions killed him. That's not execution. It's called self defense and you need to respect that right for everyone, cops included.

The OP chose to make this an Execution.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Poor kid. It's deff a good shot between the stolen car and pointing a gun at the officers.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's one that involves incredible quality security cameras, and is gut wrenching because it involves a dad being shot dead in front of his son. There could be an intelligent discussion involving letting the dad go in the short term, as his kid was already in the car with him and the dad had a gun in his hand.
This will absolutely not make a splash in the national media circuit, because the suspect is just another white dude.

My thought: Another dead worthless criminal. Too bad his kid was there. But if you resist arrest and wave guns around in front of the police, you're going to get shot. Not complicated. Skin tone makes no difference.

It won't make the news because police had clear reasons to act, not because he was white.

The whole point of BLM is to protest instances of unwarranted police violence against Black people. Like putting a knee on George Floyd's neck for nine minutes despite clear distress, or choking Eric Garner to death for selling bootleg cigarettes, or shooting an unarmed Walter Scott in the back and lying about it later.

Why are you being so intentionally dishonest? Didn't your parents teach you better?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If you think skin tone makes no difference , that's naive AT BEST. Also do you know the difference between justified and unjustified shootings?

I don't know if you have kids but your instructions on how to react when stopped by police are different from the instruction I gave mine. Should it be that way?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
It's almost as if each situation should be evaluated separately...there just might be times where its appropriate to use deadly force and times where it really isn't.

Funny how body cameras seem to be turned off just at the wrong (or right) time though. Or, as in a recent case I was reading about it NC, the cops have the tape but won't release it to the public. Something to hide, perhaps?