good racing game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: xes
Grand Prix Legends

i have this game as well. haven't run it in years. maybe its time to relive some magic.

what's the name of that racing game that came out last year that had realistic driving physics. didn't have real licensed cars but got good reviews as an excelent racing game?

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaiser__Sose
Grand Prix Legends

i have this game as well. haven't run it in years. maybe its time to relive some magic.

what's the name of that racing game that came out last year that had realistic driving physics. didn't have real licensed cars but got good reviews as an excelent racing game?

Live For Speed

Confused

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Confused
Grand Prix Legends

Live For Speed

Confused

thanks

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
What about one of the Nascar games?

Will they ever put the dash/hood views back in NFS? I haven't had an interest since they took that out.
What are some good racing games that work well over TCP/IP?

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Midtown Madness 1 & 2 :)

The series is interesting since aside from races like checkpoint and circuit, you can run randomly around the city messing stuff up. The downtown part of San Fran in MM2 is pretty well done, at that.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: jfall
PGR2 for Xbox is by far the best racing game I have played to date

Agreed, definately the best racing game out there, espically the online mode.

For PC though, you're pretty limited. You seem to have all of the good racing games anyway.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sports Car GT
Mercedes Benz World Racing---only played the demo, pretty good though.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
dowloaded and installed the ETCC 2003 mod for F1 Challenge.. and OMG.. what a good game.. and it's free!!!!!

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
dowloaded and installed the ETCC 2003 mod for F1 Challenge.. and OMG.. what a good game.. and it's free!!!!!

Did you try out the DTM mod? I know its hard to find... but i think the car models are a bit better... only think i dont like is the front tire overheats real quick... you have to save it... but i think racing is much more fun in ETCC... :D

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
...oh and while you're playing F1 Challenge... check out this vid for Group C mod... :D i havent tried it yet but it looks cool so far. :)