good place to have lunch in St. Louis?

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
It's noon right now. Just want something authentic and reasonably priced. Ethnic food is fine.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Im on highway 44 going east. Passed cuba. SERO is greeeeeat.

bbq!

go north on 270 to dorsett road (it's most of the way to 70). take a right on dorsett road. at 12222 dorsett you'll find bandana's bbq, top rated in st louis by city search

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
woot! always wanted to try some st. louis style barbecue. yayayayaya

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Im on highway 44 going east. Passed cuba. SERO is greeeeeat.

bbq!

go north on 270 to dorsett road (it's most of the way to 70). take a right on dorsett road. at 12222 dorsett you'll find bandana's bbq, top rated in st louis by city search

There's one closer on Gravois right off of I-270.

Bandana's is a good suggestion tho :thumbsup:

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
woot! always wanted to try some st. louis style barbecue. yayayayaya

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Only place i ever went while in St Louis was Ozzie's - only because the company put me up in the hotel next door - damn good bar food though and a great sports bar.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
I just sat down. I had no idea that they had multiple locations. I ordered the combo platter with ribs, pork, and turkey because the waitress recommended it. Got their fried corn too and some potato salad and sweet tea. Can't wait :)

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
well? did you "smell that smoke" or what?

The sauce selection is great there...

edit:

Some favorite places of mine in St. Louis for future reference:

Dressel's Pub
Mangia Italiano
Sen Thai
Massa's (Italian, great pasta and steaks)
Fitz's (they microbrew their own root beer, it's fantastic)
Andria's Steakhouse (in Illinois but worth the drive)

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
I just sat down. I had no idea that they had multiple locations. I ordered the combo platter with ribs, pork, and turkey because the waitress recommended it. Got their fried corn too and some potato salad and sweet tea. Can't wait :)

:camera:'s!

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
OMG ><

Sorry for the slow reply. I actually typed out two pretty big replies while at the restaurant on my Mogul, but Opera Mini crashed every single time I clicked "submit reply." After the second time I got really frustrated and decided to just start driving home.

Anyway, the place delivered. I could definitely see the pink smoke line along the inside of the meat. The turkey and pork were fantastic, the portions were great, and the potato salad was delicious. The ribs were also good, but I got ones that were really fatty. All in all, really good stuff. I have to say though that I prefer the BBQ from places like Whole Hog in Arkansas. The pulled pork at Melvin's in South Carolina was better than here. But all in all, not bad at all. I especially liked the portions. Better than that Beans n Things in Texas I went to, although their ribs were better.

As for pics, I'm currently going through my trip pics... and there are a lot of them :(