Good PC Headset?

g0forkurself

Jul 9, 2012
I'm looking to purchase a good quality headset (with microphone) for my PC. I'm looking for something that is well worth its price, has nice sound quality, nice mic quality that doesn't pick up too much background noise and long turn comfort (especially when wearing glasses). It does not have to be wireless but hopefully with a wire that is long enough to move around in the computer area without much restraint. Also, noise cancelling/muffling is a nice additional feature but not necessary. Does anyone have any suggestions on a headset that fits the criteria?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
The best headsets tend to not have sound distorting tech such as noise cancelling. Sennheisers PC 360 for example has been OK. Similar to a pair of hd500s in sound quality and the mic is decent also.

But really you need to define budget before anyone can really comment.

Raswan

Jan 29, 2010
Yup, decide your budget. 100$-150$ is about where you hit the good stuff if you are not an audiophile and just want well-made, great sounding headphones. I've got the logitech g910s, and they are great.

P.S. Everyone will tell you you can't get a decent mike and headset together, and you need to purchase them separately. But that's crap, unless, again, you have more money than you need and are super particular.

g0forkurself

Jul 9, 2012
I'm willing to spend up to $150 on a comfortable and quality built headset. I'd prefer a headset with better sound quality than microphone quality. I do want to emphasize that I want one that I can wear for long periods of time wearing glasses without it hurting my ears.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

These are the 350. The are almost the same as the 360 but about $50 cheaper.

Scroll down to see the difference. its basically just layout. One has slightly better audio. But doubt it makes a huge difference.

No, the PC350 needs heavy amping for even remotely decent sound, especially to obtain any low end response. The PC360 is far easier to drive, especially off of onboard, and because of how much better it sounds it's worth the extra cash.

PC350 - 150 ohms
PC360 - 50 ohms

Last edited:

thelastjuju

Nov 6, 2011
P.S. Everyone will tell you you can't get a decent mike and headset together, and you need to purchase them separately. But that's crap, unless, again, you have more money than you need and are super particular.

Because its true.. and mostly has to do with how much worse the BANG FOR YOUR BUCK factor is with these headsets.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I'm a big fan of my GameCom 780s.
http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-780

They took about a week to break in and get nice and comfortable.
Once broken I can wear them endlessly without issue.

I received mine last night, and I didnt like them out of the box. Way too tight. I had to put them on my basketball overnight, and now they feel great. Mic is good, and the virtual surround sound works well. Not bad for under $60.