Good newish FP fighting game?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Ah, thanks guys. I should have been more specific. I'm thinking like a game with blocks and different combo hits etc. The last one I played was Mike Tyson's Punch Out for Nintendo :eek:
I'm thin king something for the PC, and it doesn't have to be boxing. Something liek a ninja game or something would be cool. Any recommendations ok.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Oyeve
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Riddick
Condemned

Riddick is a sweet unappreciated game. Loved it.

Riddick is quite brilliant, but I wouldn't really call it a fighting game. There are only a few melee sections in it.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: AntiFreze
4-D Boxing

Geez! This brings back so many fond memories! I loved that game! Still play it occasionally!

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Riddick
Condemned

What the hell? Are you on crack? That game is no where near under-appreciated. Every forum with a topic "Recommend me an FPS" what game do I see? Doom, Quake, Half-Life, and Riddick. I'm not saying it's over-appreciated or bad, just not under-appreciated.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: GundamSonicZeroX
Riddick
Condemned

What the hell? Are you on crack? That game is no where near under-appreciated. Every forum with a topic "Recommend me an FPS" what game do I see? Doom, Quake, Half-Life, and Riddick. I'm not saying it's over-appreciated or bad, just not under-appreciated.

I think that may have been the case at one time though. I never even heard of the game until I picked it up from a Big Lots for $6. I don't follow games super closely, but I generally know the good games that are around. Riddick flew below the radar, and I only heard about it after it hit bargain bin.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Riddick
Condemned

that and dues ex. i'm tired of seeing it mentioned.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: soxfan
Dark Messiah of Might and magic

I forgot about that one. I had a lot of fun with that game. It wasn't all it could have been, but a good time none the less.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Dark Messiah of Might and magic

Woud that count as fighting? When I think of fighting, I think of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, or Primal Rage.

He asked for a first person (FP) fighter, which there are not many of. DMMM is one of the few. It has swords, shields, some small combo moves, and fairly cool magic effects. I only thought of it because I am replaying it now. It's fun, but the voice acting and story suck.

A great older game to try would be severance, blade of darkness. Its a 3rd person fighter, though.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
[A great older game to try would be severance, blade of darkness. Its a 3rd person fighter, though.

I was just trying to think of the name of that game when I read your post. Never did finish it. I need to reinstall it.