Good LINUX bittorrent program?

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
I want something that has the same features as utorrent and as fast.

The most important feature is the ability to limit upload and download. else my connection gets congested File priority would be nice too.

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
I tried K and Q torrent. Unfortunately they didn't have the feature I wanted, file priority.

I guess I'll try Azureus on Linux. Hopefully it won't be too slow. It was a hog in windows.

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Nothinman
Azureus is a hog anywhere, it's Java.

Yeah, but its the best. Its soooo feature rich. I can setup a decentralized torrent with a few clicks and share it with my friends so easily by just giving them a string and having them copy/paste it in their client (soon they'll be adding a feature to send torrent by email from within the client by the looks of the cvs which is cool).

I get the latest cvs once it comes out by just leaving azureus open. It can find peers on a lan with the same torrent you're downloading. I can run a tracker easily if I wish. Plugin support is excellent and the plugins add a lot of cool things. I can set it to seed efficiently and adjust upload speed avoiding the common problem of avoiding choking my download speed, but uploading efficiently. I can enable encryption to bypass ISPs that throttle bit torrent traffic (for now) and communicate effectively with those people. Remote controlling Azureus is fun too. :)

If you guys want to improve performance of Azureus check this out:

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Reduce_memory_usage

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
Originally posted by: ciproxr
utorrent rules, never going back

Unfortunately it's not ported to linux else it'd be my first choice. It get more connections and downloads faster than anything else I've used (windows or linux).

I went back to ktorrent in linux. It's faster to use than azureus and more features than qtorrent.