Good idea for job finding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I am currently a jr. in college getting my BS in marketing. I am having trouble (like all other college students) finding an internship for this summer. The ones that I have found through one of my college's online tools yields unpaid internships, and while I don't mind this, they aren't exactly in fields I would enjoy at all (Grant marketing for nonprofits, etc).

So, would 'randomly' emailing local companies (both large and small) inquiring about any opportunities be out of the ordinary? I would, of course, keep it professional and polite. I did this last year and I got an internship out of it, but I'm looking for a more professional environment, and I can't get in contact with the woman who hired me (I think she may have left -- the job went well for both of us, so it isn't that I didn't perform up to standards). I am just not sure if this is a good thing to do for more white collar environments.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

bobross419

Golden Member
Oct 25, 2007
Taking an Intro to Spelling course at your local community college might help with the job hunt...

Pegun

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2004
The way I got my internship offers is by sending my resume to companies that were randomly around my area...or found on job search websites. Even better yet, you should talk to people you know in the area to try to see if they have any contacts.

bobdole369

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2004
I finged my wife last nite, dunno how your gonna get someone to pay you for that though.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Fixed title, sorry was tired, had less than 4 hrs sleep (finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.