good computer shop in new york?

Jun 14, 2003
not BB or CC or anything cack like that

whats a good computer store with huge selection (ie not just computers) and good prices in new york

ill be going to visit new york for my holidays soon! and i cant wait. saving up some £££ and gonna see if i can score a good deal on something like a laptop or who knows maybe dip my toe in the world off apple and get a mac mini and a few bits to go with it

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Uh...DataVision? J&R? B&H? All those places' salespeople are crooks though.

You're better off at BB or CompUSA, IMO.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
BB, CC, and CUSA occasionally have hot deals on crap. If there's a Fry's or Microcenter there, I'd check it out. Otherwise, you're better off ordering online.

flyboy84

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2004
what makes you think there are good deals in NYC? are you looking for some cheap chinatown store? the prices there beat J+R, BB, CUSA, and CC, but still nowhere close to online prices. There's no Fry's, microcenter, etc. I think its pretty much universal that the intarweb is the best place to buy computer parts, unless there is some strange deal going on at a B+M store.

iversonyin

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2004
I suggest you order from newegg if you are in NYC and looking for good deals. Usually they consider BB and CC cheap, but I can always find stuffs cheaper on amazon and newegg.

Or you can go PC Richard and Son.

What kind of computer parts you wanted to get?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
making a deal with the guy driving the truck I hear is the best deal in NYC....they are 'allowed' like 10% 'loss' on any shipment.

Jun 14, 2003
well i dunno about ordering online

ill have about £500 when i go, maybe more, so thats like nearly $1000 USD, if i bought a mini here thats £400 if i buy a mac mini there from a shop its only £218 to me so thats why i dont mind and would rather buy from a shop