good chocolate for a gift?

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
Can anyone recommend me some good chocolate? (the ones without nuts)
I dont eat chocolate so i dont know.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
I usually just go to Target and pick up something from the candy section, usually they'll have a name brand chocolate wrapped nicely.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I'm in love with white chocolate. I particularly like "Green & Black's" white chocolate. They use vanilla bourbon, which makes the chocolate taste like vanilla ice cream. I also like Lindt, both for White and 85% Cacao (the 2 types I most frequently buy). IMO, the Swiss make some really good chocolate (actually, all products that they export are pretty much awesome :p). I'm not a chocolate connoisseur, though, and neither of those brands are exactly super expensive gift brands (they cost about $3-4 a regular sized bar).

EDIT: Some haters will tell you white chocolate isn't "real" chocolate, but I don't care, it still tastes awesome

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
thanks for the inputs so far. I really need your advices; this time i really hurt her.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: homercles337
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Originally posted by: homercles337
JFGI... n00b.

Wrong situation for that, nub.

OPie said,
Can anyone recommend me some good chocolate? (the ones without nuts)

How is it the "wrong situation for that?" Explain yourself. The top hits were godiva.com and chocolate.com. How is that wrong? Seriously.

He asked for recommendations. Pointing someone to a search engine results page is not a recommendation, or at least not a direct one. Calling someone a "n00b" and telling them to "just f**king google it" is rude and uncalled for. In either case, you weren't being particularly helpful.

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
thanks again. I posted this question as I thought ATOTers were somewhat experienced. I am honestly too busy to search around and i really trust you guys on this. Besides, I need to get the chocolate really quick (the first thing I'll do in the morning) because I think she's really sad now. I was so mean to her.

May 31, 2001
I have only seen the Lindt brand in baggies. Do they come in boxes? Guessing from the OP you want presentation as well as product, with Godiva you get the goodies, the name, and the shiny-ass box with the bow on it, though most are decorated for Easter right now.