Good Charlotte - Pathetic?

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Yes or no?
They try to take the piss, but really they've got nothing they can take the piss out of because they're as bad as Avril Lavigne or Justin Timberlake and the like.

I wish they would go away and die.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I thought Pathetic was a song by GC and this was a thread about it...hah...seems like the perfect title for a poppunk song anyways. But yeah, i think they have a few ok songs, not great.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I went to high school with them. Love or hate their current pop sound (I actually kind of like it), but their old stuff is pretty good.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: FrontlineWarrior
i don't like how they diss college students. stupid dropout punk kids!

I think the funniest thing about them is the fact that they were sort of the cool kids in school. They also used to be preps, too...

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
They think they are some kind of baby faced white boy prison gang. It is painfully obvious that someone picked their image for them.

KahunaHube

Aug 16, 2001
if theyd drop the eye shadow, facial peircings, and goth clothes then i think theyd have a bigger fan base.

i like most of their music... too bad their image is so bad

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: styrafoam
They think they are some kind of baby faced white boy prison gang. It is painfully obvious that someone picked their image for them.

No one picked their image for them. I know this before a fact.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
just a random pop-punk band, not to diss them, because i happen to like catchy tunes such as theirs...and just by dissing on or commenting about their image, you folks are just giving them free advertising. If you really hated them, you'd just say nothing :)

oh yeah, and avril lavigne...i'd hit it sooooo hard...

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: AvesPKS

You said yourself a few posts up they used to be preps. Now they are thugs. At what point did they find themselves and transform their image to better convey their tormented inner teenager?

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: AvesPKS

You said yourself a few posts up they used to be preps. Now they are thugs. At what point did they find themselves and transform their image to better convey their tormented inner teenager?

They started dressing differently, oh, I don't know, sometime in high school, well before they ever came close to getting a record contract.