Gonna eat for the first time in a week.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
mcdonalds?

what the fvck, i still dont see how people can plan to eat there when they have other options, have a sandwhich or fried dough or something....just not mcdonalds *shudder*

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I was on a steady diet of apple sauce & ham salad after my tonsils were out. I lost a good 20lbs, but it came back fairly soon after.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: xSauronx
mcdonalds?

what the fvck, i still dont see how people can plan to eat there when they have other options, have a sandwhich or fried dough or something....just not mcdonalds *shudder*

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Also, fasting is a common way to "cleanse" the system of impurities. The longest i've done it is 2 days, and you feel much better afterwards. Its not really for weight loss, as you lose fat and muscle.

You know what I wish? That instead of the body using muscle first when in need of energy, it used the fat. Then fasting might would make sense.

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
eat deep fried cheese, fried hamburger, and deep fried jelopeno poppers, with hot oil-juice!!!

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: xEDIT409
eat deep fried cheese, fried hamburger, and deep fried jelopeno poppers, with hot oil-juice!!!

lol - fried hamburger and hot oil-juice. :beer:

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: aircooled
PIZZA!

excellent idea

even a cheap, frozen pizza > mcdonalds

or chicken and dumplings,which is what im going to go make for dinner now

cha

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Also, fasting is a common way to "cleanse" the system of impurities. The longest i've done it is 2 days, and you feel much better afterwards. Its not really for weight loss, as you lose fat and muscle.

You know what I wish? That instead of the body using muscle first when in need of energy, it used the fat. Then fasting might would make sense.

The body will use fat first, providing you you're not robbing it of amino acids it needs on a daily basis, and more importantly, not starving yourself.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
*shakes head*

you know your body is in starvation mode now. And whatever you eat will be retained by your body as much as possible. Try a grilled chicken breast sandwich and a salad.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: stev0
Originally posted by: gwlam12
Originally posted by: moshquerade
guarantee you gain the 15 lbs back in a flash. that's no way to diet.

but it wasnt a diet.

no kidding..

im not sure what exactly is going on today but people really need to start reading posts and getting information before they start spewing off random replies.

stev0 <- wants to huddle in a corner and cry from all the stupidity today :(
today?

yes today.

yes she is an idiot (too lazy to quote for clarity :p)

what did you end up eating? personally i would've gone with quiznos or chipotle... that is just me though :)

Dec 13, 2003
Hey, whatever works (as far as diet plans go). One day, about a month ago, I just didn't feel like eating anything. I didn't eat for most of a week - just drank a LOT of water (6 - 8 L / day). At the end of the week, I went to a Japanese restaraunt (mmmm.... sushi) and it was fine - no problems picking right back up where I left off. Since then, I only eat one meal a day (dinner - basically, a meat dish), with the occasional granola bar or something in the morning. Never felt better.

Obviously, I get hungrier if I'm doing something other than futzing about on my computer all day, but I haven't seen any ill effects from my strategy yet. Plus, it's cheaper :)