Goldschlager....does it really cut your throat?

stick

Aug 16, 2000
I searched and found an old thread that asked the question but I could not find a definitive answer. I was at a party last night and almost everyone I asked said that the gold "cuts your throat to help with alcohol absorption." I find this very hard to believe as I think it is merely a decoration. Is there any definitive answer on this? Thanks.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: stick
I searched and found an old thread that asked the question but I could not find a definitive answer. I was at a party last night and almost everyone I asked said that the gold "cuts your throat to help with alcohol absorption." I find this very hard to believe as I think it is merely a decoration. Is there any definitive answer on this? Thanks.

Having done a lot of shots of Goldschlager in a row... no, it doesnt cut your throat. Decoration only (and something to get attention, and thus sales).

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Yes, that's what he's talking about and no it does not. If everyone at the party is saying that, maybe they are too dumb to drink.

saxophonoia

Platinum Member
Nov 6, 2003
nah..........it's good stuff
<----makes mental note to buy some tomorrow since I haven't had it in awhile

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Ummm, yeah. I sure hope you are joking.

Do you really think the FDA would allow it to be sold if that were the case?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Yeah, it's one of the best liquors for straight shots out there...even if it did, enjoy :D

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
the gold flakes are way too thin to slice your throat on the way down.

D

Deleted member 4644

I've heard the same thing - supposedly it lacerates your stomach lining to get the booze in you faster

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: stick

:confused:OMG

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Note: It is absolutely disgusting seeing those gold flakes come back up after someone drank Goldschlager. There's just something so wrong about there being gold flakes in vomit.

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ
Note: It is absolutely disgusting seeing those gold flakes come back up after someone drank Goldschlager. There's just something so wrong about there being gold flakes in vomit.

I'd take a scooper and collect it everytime someone vomits! I'LL BE RICH!! HAHAHA! RICH I TELL YA! RICH!!

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Wha? There is gold in it? How much does it cost?

not much.. its just gold foil, probably like a 2x2 inch piece, torn into miniature pieces.