Going to see Steely Dan in concert tonight

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Finally, I get to see Steely Dan in concert tonight. I've been wanting to see these guys for years and years and never been able to make a show. Almost didn't make this one either, as there was a change of venue in the last week (from the sucky Memorial Coliseum to the upscale and somewhat intimate Keller Auditorium), and Ticketmaster (oh how I hate them :|) dropped the ball and we almost lost our tickets. After 2 hours on the phone though, we actually ended up getting better seats that we had before. :)

Anyway, I will post an update later tonight and let you all know how it was.
For those unfamiliar with the work of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, here's their website and their bio at allmusic.com.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I really wanted to go to that show, but didn't the tickets start at $65 or something? Steely Dan kicks ass but I could not justify spending that much. :(

I might go see Aimee Mann at the zoo, that's only $15, I think.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
I really wanted to go to that show, but didn't the tickets start at $65 or something? Steely Dan kicks ass but I could not justify spending that much. :(

I might go see Aimee Mann at the zoo, that's only $15, I think.
Yeah, they weren't cheap. The cool thing is that my GF got them for me as a kind of early birthday present (my 32nd in on the 9th). But yeah, 2 tickets were like $170 bucks... :(
These guys are Greats though. I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic

These guys are Greats though. I'm sure it'll be worth it :)
Yes, and Keller is much better than Memorial Coliseum (wtf were they thinking booking them there in the first place?)

Should be awesome, have fun. I hope they play "Any Major Dude Will Tell You". :D

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Wish I could go. Sounds like a great concert.

Ahhh, memories. Lost my virginity with a Donald Fagan LP playing in the background.

Oh, and my nic comes from the band name. Figure that one out. :eek:

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Dammit! I just missed one of his shows, he just played at the Mid State Fair :(

amorse2183

Banned
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: BigDan
Wish I could go. Sounds like a great concert. Ahhh, memories. Lost my virginity with a Donald Fagan LP playing in the background. Oh, and my nic comes from the band name. Figure that one out. :eek:

it might take some people a few minutes to get that one..:)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Great concert, excellent venue. Those guys may be old but they still got it. Their latest supporting band is very talented, particularly the drummer.

Anyway, they played "My Old School," so my life is now complete :)