Going for an MRI on my wrist tommorow....

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Do they have to put my whole body in, or just my wrist?

EDIT: They had to put my whole body in, my head just barely poked out the top (i could almost see out)

JEBUS, that sucker is loud. 1.5 Tesla, 30 mins worth.... Definately not something for someone who is claustrophobic

Should have the results wed

EDIT #2: I have De Quervains.... http://www.webmd.com/content/article/78/95632.htm

Treatment is 4-6 weeks in a splint and 4 weeks (3 times a week) of rehab :(

vrbaba

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2003
Just the wrist. you'll have to lay down though in the room for about 30 mins or so.

get ready to the bill. I just had an MRI on my knee, and even though I have the Highest tier insurance, im gonna end up paying about 160 or so. my total bill was about 1800 :-/

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: vrbaba
Just the wrist. you'll have to lay down though in the room for about 30 mins or so.

get ready to the bill. I just had an MRI on my knee, and even though I have the Highest tier insurance, im gonna end up paying about 160 or so. my total bill was about 1800 :-/

On our group policy, i only pay $25.

vrbaba

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: aphex

doesnt seem right. U sure that isnt just the "co-pay" that is stated on ur card?

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Originally posted by: Ulfwald
Why you need an MRI of the wrist?

seems overkill to me, whats wrong with the trad. x-ray?

I've had right wrist pain for about 1 month now... Its hard to pinpoint where it hurts exactly, but it hurts the worst when i either 1) bend the wrist up and put pressure on the palm/fingers (like a pushup) 2) pick up anything heavy or 3) move it in a strange way

Generally, it just aches and is bareable. But when i use the hand to say push myself up to get off the bed, it almost makes me cry. It even starts to give way since it hurts so much.

X-Rays came back last week and were inconclusive.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001

doesnt seem right. U sure that isnt just the "co-pay" that is stated on ur card?

I called them.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
good luck aphex!

they will only stick in your wrist, but you'll likely have to like strip naked for them and wear approved clothing (e.g. doctor's robes and stuff).

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: tami
good luck aphex!

they will only stick in your wrist, but you'll likely have to like strip naked for them and wear approved clothing (e.g. doctor's robes and stuff).

w0000h0000! ;)

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst
how much pr0n do you have? ;)

Dont need any, have a fiancee sleeping 10 feet from me with 2 perfectly good wrists ;)

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
I had one on my knee in the summer. Just had to go in up to my waist. man is that sh!t loud!

PS...good ol' Canadian health care means I paid nothing. And I got my appointment in under 2 weeks. :)

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Do they have to put my whole body in, or just my wrist?

EDIT: They had to put my whole body in, my head just barely poked out the top (i could almost see out)

JEBUS, that sucker is loud. 1.5 Tesla, 30 mins worth.... Definately not something for someone who is claustrophobic

Should have the results wed

Been there, done that. Fun, isn't it?

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

Mine was nothing but I'm on Medicare. Thank you, everyone.

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I've had quite a few of them. Seems to come with the territory when you have a brain tumor!! I've gotten so used to them that with the earplugs, I can fall asleep in the thing.

JayHu

Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DaTT
I had one on my knee in the summer. Just had to go in up to my waist. man is that sh!t loud!

PS...good ol' Canadian health care means I paid nothing. And I got my appointment in under 2 weeks. :)

How did you get that? I had to wait 2 months for one! It was ridiculous!

Turnpike

Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Originally posted by: Ulfwald
Why you need an MRI of the wrist?

seems overkill to me, whats wrong with the trad. x-ray?

xrays only let you see the hard tissues in the body (ie bone, teeth) for the most part well enough to diagnose stuff. MRI's are very sophisticated and let you see 3d images of most tissues in the body. Got a torn ligament/tendon in the wrist? MRI is best to see that.