goin to orlando, daytona, bahamas

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
we leave this thurs...its a 10 day trip. never been to disneyworld/universal/MGM etc etc or bahamas. any tips on which rides to go on...what to see in orlando...which parks are the best. also whats there to see in bahamas? perosnally, i wanna do all the partying in orlando/daytona and just lay on the beach 24/7 in the bahamas.

oh. gonna be in orlando for 3 nights, daytona for 2, ft lauderdale for 2, bahamas for 3

also...never been to FL at this time of the year. went to daytona and ft. lauderdale but that was during spring break in march. what to expect....lots of thunderstorms?

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
goto islands of adventure, and maybe universal... avoid the other parks, unless you just want to see them all.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Vortex22
Islands of Adventure owns them all.

Yeah...don't do the older Universal portion...it's nothing but those movie rides and that gets old after a while.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur

Yeah...don't do the older Universal portion...it's nothing but those movie rides and that gets old after a while.

Yep it's just a lot of motion simulators. Men In Black was the only intersting ride at Universal. Islands of Adventure is great.

3 nights you won't make much headway at Disney...might want to save that for next time if you've never been there.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero

Yep it's just a lot of motion simulators. Men In Black was the only intersting ride at Universal. Islands of Adventure is great.

3 nights you won't make much headway at Disney...might want to save that for next time if you've never been there.

yea...from what i heard, u need like 4-5 days to explore disney properly. but honestly, i dont even care about orlando too much. im most excited about the bahamas. always wanted to go there :D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Aharami

yea...from what i heard, u need like 4-5 days to explore disney properly. but honestly, i dont even care about orlando too much. im most excited about the bahamas. always wanted to go there :D

You could spend 10 days in Disney and probably STILL not do everything. I was there 7 days last summer and didn't even touch any of the water parks...and that was like my 4th time there. I still wished I had another week!

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001

You could spend 10 days in Disney and probably STILL not do everything. I was there 7 days last summer and didn't even touch any of the water parks...and that was like my 4th time there. I still wished I had another week!
damn!! :D:D:D

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Definitely go on the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. At the Disney MGM park Test Track is really fun too.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Definitely go on the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. At the Disney MGM park Test Track is really fun too.

ok will do. am writing all this down! :D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Test Track is at EPCOT, actually. It's very close to Misson: Space which is the new motion sim, also a great ride.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Is this a pre-package or an off the cuff.

How are you intending on getting tothe Bahama's?

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002

Test Track is at EPCOT, actually. It's very close to Misson: Space which is the new motion sim, also a great ride.

Oops! LOL. I've been there several times but hell all of the parks blend together. I haven't been there since the Mission ride was introduced but I hear it's great as you said.

knivox

Jun 29, 2000
Univeral studios just opened the new "Revenge of the Mummy" ride last week, and I liked it a lot. It's easily the best ride at that park, though that's not saying much. MIB and Shrek 4D are the only other decent rides.

IOA has the best roller coaster type rides, but there aren't a whole lot of them just 5 or 6 decent rides.

I like EPCOT a lot too, it's more "educational fun" than "thrill fun". Some people think it's boring, but I could eaisly spend two days there. Plus the food there is really good.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Aharami
whats islands of adventure all about? is that part of the disney parks?

No, it's owned by Universal.

I would suggest hitting the 2 Universal parks instead of the Disney ones. Magic Kingdom is lame if you're over 6 years old, Animal Kingdom smells like sh!t (literally), MGM is boring. Epcot is the only decent one, but I prefer the thrill rides at IOA over the stuff at Epcot.