GOG - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri & Crusader: No Remorse released (~$6)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I remember watching my wife's (at the time new girlfriend's) father playing this game and thinking it looked really cool.

Might have to pick this one up!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I still have the original of both, C:NR I never installed, AC I think I played about 2 games and it has the 'one more click' pull you in, but I just wasn't that fond of it.

A lot of gobbledygook technology to chase - but maybe it's better if you spend more time to learn how to play it better.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Ya the gobbledygook tech is sort of because the different victory conditions are somewhat more distinct from normal Civ games. It is hairy though, all the tech paths spider and overlap a lot it's hard to make sense of it all.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
You can really target the overall direction of your tech research, though.

What were the 4 categories? Power, wealth, science and something else?

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

I always played with blind research off so you could pick the specific techs you wanted.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com

Explore, Discover, Build, Conquer.

I forgot how much I hated dealing with mind worms. Much more of a nuisance then barbarians :D

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
while going through my collection this weekend to find a disc, I cam across 2 AC disc in addition to the AC&CF one, I know why I had the first AC disc (had to buy a compilation package later to get the expansion) but no idea how I got a second copy.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think I've still got all the original manuals and various pack-ins from both Crusader games. I loved those, so much mayhem, so much fun.

I never played AC, I think I'll have to pick that up. Just one more turn...