GOG -All Might & Magic universe games 50% off (includes HoMM)

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
50% if you buy the whole pack, 40% otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting on a sale to buy the classic Might and Magic games.

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
50% if you buy the whole pack, 40% otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting on a sale to buy the classic Might and Magic games.

Good catch. Apparently I was too busy pulling out my credit card to fully read the information.

akahoovy

Golden Member
May 1, 2011
No, we haven't haven't learned much at all.

I'm so happy, just bought HoMM 3, Might and Magic 6-Pack and MM7. Mostly I hope the music works. I sold my disc copies years ago (I have no idea why I did that) and downloaded the ripped versions, for some reason the images would never play the music on MM6 and 7.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I keep seeing everyone talking about HoMM 3 and how good it is..I have that game and the only thing I remember about it is that I found it really boring...I guess I should dig it out and try it again...

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Loved Might and Magic 6 and 7. 8 was ok as well. 9 was terrible - never got close to finishing it.

I wish they would remake Might and Magic 6/7 with modern graphics. Even back when they were released the graphics were atrocious.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It's hard to say not to get HoMM 2 3 or 4.

1 is very basic, no need for it other than to see the first, which was based on the even more basic 'King's Bounty'. 2 was the first 'great' version.

Three is widely considered even better and the best, but I think you'd be missing out not to get 2 - but play 2 first or you'll miss the improvements.

4 is the last version from the original studio and has innovations. Seems worth it.

5 pissed me off because of a plot development I thought was bad and gratuitous, and I stopped playing it quickly; I won't spoil it but I have never watched Star Trek Generations for similar reasons.

Last edited: