GO LEAFS GO!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
gMQ6wq6.png

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
that stars/preds game 6 was awesome....both goalies were pretty much standing on their heads....preds definitely laid everything on the line but came up short in OT...

99 total shots in the game 48 for Preds and 51 for Dallas

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Aw, my first thumbs down comes in a hockey thread on a "tech" forum... suppose i had it coming though.

Separate from this spectacular series and a rekindling of a rivalry of original 6 teams, I love playoff hockey. During the regular season I couldn't care much about watching games that didn't involve the B's, but I found myself really enjoying the Canes/Caps game last night. It's just a whole different energy level and is so much more entertaining than the playoffs of the other major US sports.

And Mayne, can we at least agree that it's enjoyable that the Habs aren't in the playoffs this year?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
There has been some VERY spotty officiating in the Caps/Canes series. The home team has won every game and the final game is in DC so I'm hoping they can advance.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Agreed on the officiating. I know people on both sides of the Leafs/Bruins have taken issue with the inconsistency throughout the series.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I root for any canadian team and that includes the Habs. I don't know if I can watch this game tonight...stress levels rising.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I know this is the booze and the 2 goal lead talking right now, but these past few series with the Leafs have been awesome, for the hockey alone. I am sure I'd have a different opinion if things had gone the other way in the past, but other than Montreal, I dont think playing any other Eastern Conference team gets me fired up as much.

Also, just to add, you guys have a hell of a future with the youth on your team.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Heard about the Knights/Sharks stuff on the way in to work earlier. And wow that is crazy. As much as I can't stand the Knights after watching the Caps own them last year in the Stanley Cup finals and that punk Reaves, that call seemed really fluky for being a 5 minute major, especially after seeing Oshie get boarded 3 games ago and break his collar bone, and Fogle only got a 2 minute minor.

The officiating in general is so damn inconsistent in the NHL.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Wow.

What a game between Vegas and SJ. That major penalty will be talked about for years to come.

Shouldn't have gone to game 7 after being up 3-1 in the series, but that major call is a prime example of refs deciding games. It shouldn't happen. Players work too hard and for too long all season to have the guys in stripes determine their season's fate. That was a 2-min minor at best. Fricken Oshie got shoved towards the boards ending his season and it was only a minor penalty, and only because he stayed down. These refs have been horrible all postseason.