Go, Gay, Men!

Feb 4, 2009
I am so tired of things being claimed by the alt right.
the OK sign
Pepe the Frog
and so on

Gay Guys are taking back #proudboys

I am all for this

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Counter protesters should just play this music when Proud Boys shows up to prance around

• Haha
Reactions: digiram
Nov 8, 2012
The left sucks at doing memes. Thats why they are too ineptly stupid to understand the OK-sign, 2 fingers, pepe, etc...

Whatever dumb clickbait-y article you're reading is saying about using a dumb hashtag for a week will be quickly forgotten

But hey, go for it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The left sucks at doing memes. Thats why they are too ineptly stupid to understand the OK-sign, 2 fingers, pepe, etc...

Whatever dumb clickbait-y article you're reading is saying about using a dumb hashtag for a week will be quickly forgotten

But hey, go for it.
Next time you're in Brazil give everyone the OK sign and tell me how it goes for you.

Feb 4, 2009

But hey, go for it.

Or maybe it will stick and be reclaimed.
Who knows.
No matter what it is funny

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

But hey, go for it.

You know how, when people complain about the ads they are seeing, you can sort of guesstimate their google searching habits?
Also. About stupid. Remember that Trump base? Uneducated middle aged white people?

This what you like?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
You know how, when people complain about the ads they are seeing, you can sort of guesstimate their google searching habits?
Also. About stupid. Remember that Trump base? Uneducated middle aged white people?

Aw fuck. Why do I only see them on AT?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Aw fuck. Why do I only see them on AT?

Hehe, I said sorta. Facebook serves me ads and "suggested posts" from a political party (in my neck of the woods) that is borderline alt right. I cannot fathom how an algorithm came to that conclusion. And its *only* Facebook. Meh. It happens.

Who serves ads on AT? Maybe they have a right to be forgotten feature .. Shooting from the hip I would try another browser for a weeks time (another repository of cookies, you may have a covid19 infested alt right cookie following you around).

Mar 11, 2004
Hehe, I said sorta. Facebook serves me ads and "suggested posts" from a political party (in my neck of the woods) that is borderline alt right. I cannot fathom how an algorithm came to that conclusion. And its *only* Facebook. Meh. It happens.

Who serves ads on AT? Maybe they have a right to be forgotten feature .. Shooting from the hip I would try another browser for a weeks time (another repository of cookies, you may have a covid19 infested alt right cookie following you around).

You can purchase targeted ads on Facebook, so its most likely that political org just bought ads in the area. A guy that does various true crime stuff actually does this as part of trying to get info about missing/murdered people (where he'll buy ads targeting the neighborhood that it happened asking for info).

At one point you could (without even paying I think? although now you have to pay) put out very targeted ads. I recall people pranking their friends by sending out ads that called out their name specifically to freak them out, where the friend was the only person that saw the ad.

I think you can purchase posts in a similar manner (hence why you're getting suggested posts). Could also be that you have a friend (or more than one) that is part of the group and so they're recommending it because of that. But my guess is its all paid for, and you probably fit one of the demographics (since I think Facebook still lets you target based on that even though its gotten them in hot water quite a bit since there was evidence of them allowing discriminatory housing ads) so it gets served to you.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You can purchase targeted ads on Facebook, so its most likely that political org just bought ads in the area. A guy that does various true crime stuff actually does this as part of trying to get info about missing/murdered people (where he'll buy ads targeting the neighborhood that it happened asking for info).

At one point you could (without even paying I think? although now you have to pay) put out very targeted ads. I recall people pranking their friends by sending out ads that called out their name specifically to freak them out, where the friend was the only person that saw the ad.

I think you can purchase posts in a similar manner (hence why you're getting suggested posts). Could also be that you have a friend (or more than one) that is part of the group and so they're recommending it because of that. But my guess is its all paid for, and you probably fit one of the demographics (since I think Facebook still lets you target based on that even though its gotten them in hot water quite a bit since there was evidence of them allowing discriminatory housing ads) so it gets served to you.
Super interesting. I've been meaning to get into the exact possibilities of micro targeting.

Feb 4, 2009
Super interesting. I've been meaning to get into the exact possibilities of micro targeting.

Facebook doesn’t allow micro targeting any longer but there were all sorts of weird stuff people could do. There are stories of friends messing with each other regarding microtargeting
Hit google you’ll see what I mean

Reactions: cytg111

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Too many commas in that title, surely?

Is it supposed to be "Go, Gay men!" or "Go Gay, men!"