Go ahead, get excited.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Normally I'd say something like "This belongs in the software forum", but for this, Im just gonna say "Damn right Im excited!!!:D"

FluxCap

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2002
I usually just stay in this forum so I guess I just put it here for that reason. On another note someone pointed out that www.warcraft.com will also give you the same timer so it may not be starcraft 2 afterall. BUT there will be some announcement regardless in 11 hours.:D

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
I didn't see any info there on StarCraft2 yet, just about StarCaft:Ghost a Halo-esque shooter for consoles.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
It's console only, you know. Still excited?

Seems like it always happens that way. Games become well-known and successful on the pc, then we get screwed. Not that I really care in this case since I wasn't a huge starcraft fan, but still.

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
It's console only, you know. Still excited?

Seems like it always happens that way. Games become well-known and successful on the pc, then we get screwed. Not that I really care in this case since I wasn't a huge starcraft fan, but still.

From the FAQ: www.starcraft2.com/ghost/faq.shtml
Q: Is this StarCraft II?
A: No.

Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
DISAPOINTED!!!

Another friggin shooter is the last thing I wanted to see, I was hoping for something more Blizzardesque :|

Oh well, at least I can take some comfort in that I wont give a damn that it's released only for consoles, the console people can have their shooter.

Did I mention Im disapointed?

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
I dont think it is greed at all, it is common sense. The starcraft version for consoles sucked ass, it was horrible the controls were slow and the graphics were horrible. At least with this ONI style game it will have fresh graphics good gameplay (its blizzard) and it might attract more console fans to starcraft and starcraft2 for the computer. Im not mad cause it is for consoles i jsut wish it was starcraft2